Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS TP412UA BIOS Request / Help with UEFI Tool

Hi friends!!!
    This is the original bios bin file that I have extracted with my TL866 programmer..... Could someone tell me if this bios works correctly???? On the net, all the bios available are pay for.....
    Attached Files

Bios for Asus TP412UA

Hi

I need a working bios dump form an TP412UA.....The reading from original bios chip resulted in a almost empty dump (almost full of FF's). Tried reading several times , still the same result.

Thanks
    Rgds

Comment

Re: Bios for Asus TP412UA

Dear hdd00
      I attach the .bin reading of my TP412UA bios... This bin file seems correct through UEFI Tool but my TP412UA is dead: charging light but no reaction to the power button.... I have changed the SIO ITE 8987E chip with no luck... I would appreciate that you give a feedback for bios bin file: does it work on your TP412UA????
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi friend hdd00!!!!
        Does my TP412UA bios dump work, please???? Best regards

Comment

ASUS TP412UA BIOS Request / Help with UEFI Tool

Hi all and thank you for your help so far. Please I have 2 requests and 2nd is more important then the first.

1. Request for BIOS for ASUS TP412UA Motherboard.
          Attached are 3 files related to it:
          File 1 is Dump from original BIOS.
          File 2 is I've cleaned the Intel ME region from my Dump.
          File 4 is Downloaded BIOS from ASUS website to make it easy for you.

2. Request is I've tried to open the File 4 from above in UEFI Tool and attempted to hopefuly export the BIOS region however I can only see "UEFI Image" instead of "Intel Image" as you would with cleaned ME region BIOS or from a Dump. So I've used a Hex Editor to trim down to match both header start and ending to the cleaned and the dump version but I wasn't able to trim it further and wouldn't fit in the BIOS as it was refused by the programmer. I use Raspberry Pie to the programmings using flashrom utility. My request is how can I in the future integrate the BIOS from file ASUS website and into my Dump or generate a BIOS file from ASUS's website.
          For this purpose I've attached my trimmed down version of the BIOS file which is File 3, but it's too long. I also make YouTube videos and your help will help me produce the content so others can benefit.

Original fault of the machine for your reference, it turns on and nothing else. It charges battery. No backlight. Caps lock / num lock light when pressed. From watching the fan very closely I can sort of see a loop where it ever so slightly slows down and goes faster again, but faintly, unless I'm imagining.
          All voltages are there except Coil Marked on the attached board image which Resistance to ground reading is just above 3 Ohms which I suspect is normal.

Under thermal camera all look good nothing out of ordinary. CPU does start to get warm over time which is normal hence the fan spinning afterwards.

Thank you in advance.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sikocan; 02-19-2021, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Re: ASUS TP412UA BIOS Request / Help with UEFI Tool

An update if this may help anyone, here is a data log of the state of the BIOS when:

Charger is plugged in, up to 30 seconds of recording, here is the video:
            https://youtu.be/4coosr-iv38

When the Power button is pressed. Up 2 minutes of recording, here is the video:
            https://youtu.be/iL4g55wsEIA

Comment

Here's the setup pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
                Here's the setup pics.
                try..
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi peste, this had a different effect and still did not work. What happenes is this:
                  Turn On
                  Few seconds, Turn Off.
                  Turn On,
                  Few seconds, Turn Off.
                  Turn On. Stay on more than 3 minutes then while staying ON, yellow (amber) light starts flashing non stop. There is no pattern to the Yellow light, just keeps going on and off in a timely fashion, maybe every 1 second.

Same behaviour with SSD inside or out. Same behaviour with or without battery.

I suspect the issue is related to that COIL which has no power. I'm going to remove it and turn it on see if the MOSFET next to it will supply power to 1 leg of coil. If not, I'll go backwards and work on the mosfet/gate situation.

I wonder if there is a way to disable onboard RAM - usually you cam move some resistors around but not sure about this particular model on which and how to.

Comment

Re: ASUS TP412UA GPU or CPU not turning ON

Bios flashing fixed. Found one on the net, it worked but 30 sec delay and didn't detect ram. I have fixed those in the attached cleaned me region for others to use.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi....
                      Unfortunately I don't have the laptop anymore.......When I will receive an identical laptop I'll let you know.

Rgds

Comment

Bios flashing fixed. Found one on the net, it worked but 30 sec delay and didn't detect ram. I have fixed those in the attached cleaned me region for others to use.
                        works great! thanks!

Comment

Ask for HDD pasword, any ideas?

Comment

Works Perfect!!
                            Thanks

Comment

@sikocan
                              sorry if resume this thread a little bit old, so i flash your bios but the same...no video, white led always on, i don't understand if you have changed some components or not, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tek444 View Post
                                @sikocan
                                sorry if resume this thread a little bit old, so i flash your bios but the same...no video, white led always on, i don't understand if you have changed some components or not, thank you
                                post the original bios of the laptop..
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                  post the original bios of the laptop..
                                  Hi peste, unfortunately, like a stupid, I didn't save the old bios and I understood only after that I lost important information....

Comment

A question: some year ago windows update ask me to update the system firmware (bios) i make the update but there's a chance that this procedure save the old bios?

Comment

Originally posted by tek444 View Post
                                      A question: some year ago windows update ask me to update the system firmware (bios) i make the update but there's a chance that this procedure save the old bios?
                                      post it as corrupt as it is and clear pictures with the white or green stickers from the ram memory area..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        post it as corrupt as it is and clear pictures with the white or green stickers from the ram memory area..
                                        maybe I wasn't clear, I overwritten the old bios with the bios "Holigrail" from Sikocan flashing with the CH341A

Comment

Working...
                                        X