Dell 2007WFP resistors under white silicon blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2007WFP resistors under white silicon blog

My beloved 2007WFP just died on me. It has a green blinking light that just cycles through various display numbers. For a while I noticed it would blink slightly like the refresh rate was off. Nothing I have done has been successful in turning it on. So I took it apart and looked at the USB board since many people have had problems with the resistors under the silicon blob. I looked at the various other boards for the obvious signs such as blown caps, bad fuses, burn marks etc. Nothing looked obvious. I also checked most of the caps with an ESR meter and they checked out good.

From my understanding 01c resistors should be 10K ohms, 153 should be 15K ohms, 473 should be 47K ohms, 753 should be 75K ohms, 272 should be 2.7K ohms

What I found was that some reading under the silicon were good and some were off. The 272 resistor that most people were having problems with was good. I don't know what the caps should read.

Below are the readings I found from top to bottom.

capacitor 3.6M ohms
    01c 6.53M ohms==>bad
    01c 5.2K ohms==>bad
    capacitor 7.34M ohms
    153 15K ohms OK
    473 30K ohms==>bad
    capacitor 30K ohms
    753 30K ohms==>bad
    272 2.7K ohms OK

Could most of these resistors be bad? Also what size are these resistors?
    Please let me know what you guys think.

I have attached pic for reference.
    Joe
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 2007WFP resistors under white silicon blob

Just an FYI for anyone having issues with this monitor not turning on. I changed the 2nd from the top resistor and my monitor is working again. The resistor is a 10K resistor with markings 01C what was reading in the mega ohms (6.53M ohms). I know others have had problems with 15K and 2.7K ohms resistors but my problems was with the 10K resistor. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
    X