Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp 450 G4 rev D

@sebulia - THANK YOU!!!
    I tried with 6-7 different BIOS for the 450 G3 that I found on the google and each one failed. The clean BIOS you provided allowed me to boot up and flash to latest (after I setup featurebyte, etc.).

My original issue and story:
    For many months my laptop was acting flakey and sometimes when I booted up it would sound 2 long beeps + 2 short beeps, with flashing CAPS/NUM-lock indicating BIOS corruption. I would pull power/battery and restart, after a few attempts, it would boot up all the way. For a few months this got me by until one day all it would do is continue beeping. I was unable to get the BIOS to load from backup via USB key using Windows+B or Windows+V, and a few other recommended combinations. I had downloaded the N78_0151 BIOS (only one available on HP Support at this time), and it wasn't loading.
    Before selling on eBay, I was going to attempt to desolder the winbond BIOS chip and put in a new one, but then I found the clip on programmer, CH341a. I did a backup of the 'corrupted' BIOS and tried 6-7 other supposed 450 3G BIOS, but none worked. None of them had the corrupt BIOS beep codes that my original BIOS had, but half of that allowed a power-on would only spin up the fan, no video. The other half would make the power port light blink orange and would not allow power-on. Even flashing the N78_0151 (latest HP BIOS), would not allow power-on; strangely, the HP BIOS contained several empty pages, all 'FF' from 0-5C000. I eventually put my original 'corrupted' BIOS back in and I reproduced the original beeping behavior, which told me the programmer was working properly.
    When I found this forum, after flashing the clean factory BIOS you provided, it booted right up and I was able to set featurebyte etc by doing a S/N lookup in HP partsfinder.
    It's worth mentioning that I did check on the HP_TOOLS partition on the disk and all folders under Hewlett-Packard/BIOS/* were empty. In retrospect, before attempting to buy a CH341a programmer, I should have mounted the drive on another PC and dropped the N78_0151.bin into those folders to see if the backup system would pick it up. (I suppose I could put my original corrupt BIOS back on and try that, but not worth the effort at this point).

Thanks again! Also, do you know why the new N78_0151.bin file contains several pages of FF at the beginning? Since I have updated to this version and it works when done through the HP utility, I can probably check if it was written as-is to the chip, or if it had to be moved around. The backup in HP_TOOLD/Hewlett-Packard/BIOS/Current contains a ton of FF in it as does the previous N78_133.bin, which I think was saved when I updated (based on the clean factory BIOS?).

Comment

In addition to my earlier question as to why the latest HP BIOS N78_0151.bin doesn't work, is there a way to look through my old 'corrupted' BIOS to find what my original System Board CT Number is? I tried decoding some of the QR/scan codes on the labels on the board and I couldn't come up with a value for this.

Comment

I need bios hp probook 450 g4

Plate Number. da0x83mb6h0
        :كمان:

Comment

Re: I need bios hp probook 450 g4

Originally posted by farag
          Please Help

Plate Number. da0x83mb6h0
          :كمان:
          post the bios backup
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I do not own the original BIOS. But this works after one minute and the mouse does not work
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by farag View Post
              I do not own the original BIOS. But this works after one minute and the mouse does not work
              try..
              Attached Files
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry for late response on this thread.The CT number is allways written on the board along with a qr code and sometimes you also have a sticker with a board code.Post the pictures with all the qr codes and i can try to help you out,but the CT code will only help you in case you send the board for warranty.

Comment

Hp 450 g4

Hello, HP 450 G4, i need ME region clear. I tried alone but without success

mb: X83MB DA0X83MB6H0 REV:H

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1627918583

regards to all
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by warsztat; 08-02-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Re: Hp 450 g4

Originally posted by warsztat View Post
                    Hello, HP 450 G4, i need ME region clear. I tried alone but without success

mb: X83MB DA0X83MB6H0 REV:H

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1627918583

regards to all
                    >
                    Attached Files
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: Hp probook 450 g4( da0x83mb6h0) rev:h bios dump

(Dear Vesco356, downgrade ME is corect procedure ?)
                      Sorry, Your job seems to be ok. My problem is hardware, no lan. On linux and windows no work RTL8111. The device is not detected.
                      Thank You.
                      Last edited by warsztat; 08-02-2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Dear Vesco356, downgrade ME is corect procedure ?
                        It's not so important. If you want latest version, you can afterwards easily upgrade the bios version to the latest available at the HP drivers page (in this way, the ME firmware will be upgraded simultaneously with the BIOS version). Correct cleaning procedure is important, so any relevant (same chipset family/platform Type/SKU etc.) 11.x.x.xxxx version is OK, doesn't matter much.
                        Last edited by Vesko356; 08-02-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          It's not so important. If you want latest version, you can afterwards easily upgrade the bios version to the latest available at the HP drivers page (in this way, the ME firmware will be upgraded simultaneously with the BIOS version). Correct cleaning procedure is important, so any relevant (same chipset family/platform Type/SKU etc.) 11.x.x.xxxx version is OK, doesn't matter much.
                          ok. i try edit bios from alisaler to input win key and serial number but not succes, system restart after hp logo, you bios works good same orginal but not detect lan device RTL8111HSH. when bios from alisaler i can go into settings bios (F10), serial number is ok, as i typed when edit bios (.bin in hexedit).
                          system restart after logo hp when system boot from usb key (linux) or ssd (windows)

sorry my english

Comment

sorry my english
                            Yes, I had a hard time understanding what you meant.
                            So where is your original bios? Upload your original dump here.
                            If you don't have it, try this one:
                            P.S. Did you try to update the bios to the latest, if not try that first.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Vesko356; 08-02-2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

ok. i try edit bios from alisaler to input win key and serial number but not succes, system restart after hp logo, you bios works good same orginal but not detect lan device RTL8111HSH. when bios from alisaler i can go into settings bios (F10), serial number is ok, as i typed when edit bios (.bin in hexedit).
                              system restart after logo hp when system boot from usb key (linux) or ssd (windows)

sorry my english
                              might help https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Busine...5/td-p/7069059
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks to Vasco356 and SMDFlea for the answers. I found a bug using the schematic and boardview.
                                The LAN card communicates with the processor via the PCI-E bus, 2 x 2 transmitting and receiving lines. CN6 pin 20 socket, PCIE_RXP5_LAN line, no resistance to ground. Pin 19 shows several dozen kiloohms. CPU reflow didn't help. Break in pcb connection or processor malfunction.
                                Regards for all.

Comment

Hi friend, can you please clear ME? Thank you very much
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MAZMAZ22 View Post
                                    Hi friend, can you please clear ME? Thank you very much
                                    try..
                                    Attached Files

Comment

no display with new bios displayed but with feature byte error I want to repair the old bios

Comment

Originally posted by MAZMAZ22 View Post
                                        no display with new bios displayed but with feature byte error I want to repair the old bios
                                        who will give you this error ?? what programmer and program do you use..remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing ??

Comment

I don't know how to fix the feature byte error

Comment

Working...
                                          X