What's your favorite internet browser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite internet browser?

I just want to know what browsers everyone likes.
    Chrome
    0%
    Firefox
    0%
    IE
    0%
    Safari
    0%
    Opera
    0%
    Other
    0%

Re: What's your favorite internet browser?

I use booth Firefox and Chrome regularly, also use opera but not quite as often, dunno what to choose so ill leave it up to those who made up their mind on favorite

Comment

ff all the way
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I voted for chrome and added Opera to the list (Opera would get my vote if we were talking win2k and older only)
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
          I voted for chrome and added Opera to the list (Opera would get my vote if we were talking win2k and older only)
          Thanks, RD, but don't be messing with the number of the votes :p
          Last edited by ncovert; 05-11-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I think Chrome has potential....but I refuse to use a browser made by a company that got miserably rich off spam....I won't use anything made by them....with the exception of the occasional search of course...
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
            Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I think Chrome has potential....but I refuse to use a browser made by a company that got miserably rich off spam....I won't use anything made by them....with the exception of the occasional search of course...
              I concur with the spam part. I don't use gmail because of the high spam amount, but Chrome seems more secure then Firefox in my opinion.

Comment

SRWare Iron (Google Chrome clone that doesn't "phone home") and Waterfox (Firefox in 64Bit, working around the 2GB limitation of 32Bit programs like the regular Firefox).
                Every now and then I use Opera too, even though the default UI is a total pain in the ass.. needs a lot of modding and removing crap to be usable.

In theory, I should select Chrome or Firefox, but I decided to use "other" instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                  SRWare Iron (Google Chrome clone that doesn't "phone home") and Waterfox (Firefox in 64Bit, working around the 2GB limitation of 32Bit programs like the regular Firefox).
                  Every now and then I use Opera too, even though the default UI is a total pain in the ass.. needs a lot of modding and removing crap to be usable.

In theory, I should select Chrome or Firefox, but I decided to use "other" instead.
                  you can get alphas of ff 64 bit. I have it on my win7 box. VERY few problems. I actually have MORE problems with ff 12 32 bit on my laptop then ff 15a on my desktop

Comment

If I had to choose one browser for the rest of my life, I think it would be Firefox.

It sure has its own set of issues, but it would win on features because the sheer number of add-ons and all manner of customisability.

I like being able to change things to exactly how I want them, not how some stupid developer decided I should want them.

However, I use all the major browsers fairly equally (and some of the not-so-major) depending on what I feel like at the time, I don't really have an all time favourite. Maybe IE since I've been using it the longest.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Firefox
                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                        you can get alphas of ff 64 bit. I have it on my win7 box. VERY few problems. I actually have MORE problems with ff 12 32 bit on my laptop then ff 15a on my desktop
                        I had an alpha/nightly build of Firefox destroy my profile once. Never again.

Comment

dont know what to say. never happened to me in 3 years of use

Comment

My favorite internet browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Comment

Been using Firefox since the 1.x days.

Comment

midori for me.
                                its a nice little webkit browser that uses less resources than ff
                                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                                  midori for me.
                                  its a nice little webkit browser that uses less resources than ff
                                  Anything uses fewer resources than FailureFox!

Even IdiotExploder 6 is less demanding, at least til malware takes it over!

Pre Fuck-a-Fox Mozilla, behind webwasher, for "unvetted" things, and iron for the "rich-web" stuff. Hosts file in either case...
                                  "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                                  Originally posted by shango066
                                  All style and no substance.
                                  Originally posted by smashstuff30
                                  guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                                  guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                                    Anything uses fewer resources than FailureFox!

Even IdiotExploder 6 is less demanding, at least til malware takes it over!

Pre Fuck-a-Fox Mozilla, behind webwasher, for "unvetted" things, and iron for the "rich-web" stuff. Hosts file in either case...
                                    +1000
                                    Wait! Windows has a hosts file?
                                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

See cappy. Also note multiple, pre-deduped "revisions" of hosts files.

Isn't a hosts file so much better than "loading shit, then hiding shit?" I speak of none other than AdUnBlock Minus.

der Google pays ABP to let certain things through. The sheep will deny this, since someone claims to "do no evil," but the non-sheep see right through the bullshit...
                                      Attached Files
                                      "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                                      Originally posted by shango066
                                      All style and no substance.
                                      Originally posted by smashstuff30
                                      guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                                      guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

I´m a confessing IE user for more than 15 years.

I see no reason to believe that the Mozilla Foundation or Google is going to spy on me on a smaller scale than Microsoft does. As long as I´m running Windows Microsoft is probably able to spy no matter what browser I´m using.

I didn´t have too many troubles related to security issues of the Internet Explorer.

For browsing "less secure" sites I switch to Debian / Firefox anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                        X