ITE 8587E cannot enter ISP mode on PEB-1 RT809F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITE 8587E cannot enter ISP mode on PEB-1 RT809F

Anyone know how to read the ITE 8587E using the setup like the picture ?

The chip was soldered directly onboard via adapter and PEB-1 using RT809F. But the software cannot find it and always say: Wait for ISP mode. I have checked over and over about soldering pins and sure that it is already correct and connected. I even tested pin by pin using the continuity meter so I am sure it is not about the ic connection problem
    Attached Files

Re: ITE 8587E cannot enter ISP mode on PEB-1 RT809F

Originally posted by sparrow2719 View Post

The chip was soldered directly onboard via adapter and PEB-1 using RT809F. But the software cannot find it and always say: Wait for ISP mode. I have checked over and over about soldering pins and sure that it is already correct and connected. I even tested pin by pin using the continuity meter so I am sure it is not about the ic connection problem
    well it is a programmable for one .What board # is it for? Are you even sure your programmer could read that chip. Tell me your connection also.
    Techman1025

Comment

Originally posted by techman1025 View Post
      well it is a programmable for one .What board # is it for? Are you even sure your programmer could read that chip. Tell me your connection also.
      Techman1025
      It is an adapter for ITE programming....can be used for offline (chip soldered directly) and online programming (connected via flexible flat cable to the motherboard keyboard socket, chip is on motherboard). In this setup I am using offline method.

The programmer itself RT809F can read or write IT8587E, there is a selection of this chip inside the software of programmer of course.

Since it is an offline method/soldered directly and using PEB-1 expansion board, (the second white box, where the board plugged in), I do not need or have to enter the configuration pin.
      Attached Files

Comment

I got help from a hint to go over the soldering with heat gun. And it helped!
        I soldered with iron and everything seemed ok - also with tester.
        Different programmer but the same chip.
        Worth a try if you used soldering iron.

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
          I got help from a hint to go over the soldering with heat gun. And it helped!
          I soldered with iron and everything seemed ok - also with tester.
          Different programmer but the same chip.
          Worth a try if you used soldering iron.
          Thanks for the info, will try it

Comment

why do you not use the cable for in-circuit programming of this ITE 8587E?
            I think it will be much faster and cleaner than soldering the chip on the adapter.
            Last edited by caspian; 12-07-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
              why do you not use the cable for in-circuit programming of this ITE 8587E?
              I think it will be much faster and cleaner than soldering the chip on the adapter.
              Its a 26 pins fpc cable, i don't have it and already ordered it. While waiting fpc coming, I try using the soldering method but no luck. Googling out and found a couple of people with the same issue wait for isp mode loop forever on 8587 but success with 8586.

Comment

Considering the fact that soldering the ITE8587E chip on the ITE adapter did not work, I think the reason may be that ITE8587E requires a specific external circuit to work properly. Such a circuit is available on the laptop mainboard but it is not present on the ITE adapter. However, I do not know what circuit exists inside the PEB-1 adapter.
                Last edited by caspian; 12-07-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow2719 View Post

I have the same problem, are u can resolve this?

Comment

me too im having a problem like this...even in my newly bought rt809H..error pop up and it says failed to enter isp status,please make sure the mainboard was supplied voltages,after that click ok...i already tried the other method..im hundred percent sure that my connections are all intact.offline and online method it gives me that error....does anyone here solve this issue please help...tia

Comment

With some boards you have to power the board on, its the same for all the IO programmers https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66674 .
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

My PEB-1 Kills the chip when it is programming ,

Comment

Working...
                        X