Measuring TCON Voltage through fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measuring TCON Voltage through fuse

Simple question, am I correct in assuming that a properly working TCON will show the 12V feed through the SMD fuse?

Thanks!

Re: Measuring TCON Voltage through fuse

Your looking for around 12 volts on each side of fuse black - probe on metal chassis back red probe on each side, that way you know that you have 12 going in and 12 going out and that your fuse is good.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Your looking for around 12 volts on each side of fuse black - probe on metal chassis back red probe on each side, that way you know that you have 12 going in and 12 going out and that your fuse is good.
      I'm getting like 4.8 mV through the fuse, but 12 V confirmed going into the TCON from the PSU. So I guess that is that.

Comment

So you have 12 volts on each side of fuse? It would be going into tcon from mainboard not power supply.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-01-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

So you have 12 volts on each side of fuse? It would be going into tcon from mainboard not power supply.
          No, I have 4.8 mV on both sides of the fuse. The TCON_VCC12V line that runs from the PSU to the TCON has 12 V on all terminals. Those lines feed into the connector that is the right of the LVDS ribbons.

Sony XBR65X850F for what it's worth.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, was a guess, since there was no model and no pics. Do you have 12 v coming out of the connector? tcon fuse is good? has continuity?
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-01-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Test CN6401, test number 3 below, there's a label there see it, list the pin number, name, and voltage both in standby/tv plugged in but off and when you hit the power on, video 2 is a demo of testing.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-01-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Ok, was a guess, since there was no model and no pics. Do you have 12 v coming out of the connector? tcon fuse is good? has continuity?
                Yes, 12 volts coming through the connector and the TCON fuse shows continuity.

I’ll try the other steps when I have the set back in front of me, thank you!
                Last edited by philtvman; 08-01-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

If you have 12 volts on pins 3,4,5 of the white connector, you should have it on that end of the fuse, If not, either the pins of the plug are not making contact with the trace or the trace between the pins and the fuse is open.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X