No announcement yet.

Samsung UN46D6500VF - no display, odd lines and double image on half of display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN46D6500VF - no display, odd lines and double image on half of display

Yep didn't register that you wrote B1, lol, C is the designator for capacitor.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN46D6500VF - no display, odd lines and double image on half of display

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Just tested some with a 5 dollar Harbor Freight meter, they read over 120, sometimes you need to re-apply probes to get a reading to make sure you have good contact, you need to look quick because it will give the reading then go back to 1 in about a second til you re-apply the probe.
      Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions in this thread so far! I have that same $5 cheapo meter from HF, so I went back to try again.

I still wasn't able to get a reading on every one of the caps, but did pick up a reading of 170-180ohms on a few in each of the 3 tab bonding sections on the bad side, which seems to align with the readings on the 2-3 caps I checked on the good side as well. Is it necessary to check over every single one of the caps on the bad side?

Comment

"Is it necessary to check over every single one of the caps on the bad side?" Yes.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
          "Is it necessary to check over every single one of the caps on the bad side?" Yes.
          Okay, I'll go do that. If they all come back in the same range of >100 ohms, is it safe to say the issue is in the tcon?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, but I finally picked this project up again and took some new measurements on the tab bonding board with a new multimeter.

All caps measure between 3-6 kOhms on both sides. Is this variance expected? Does this mean that the panel is actually okay?

Comment

Hi, starting from the pictures in your first post you surely have a bad side driver, a gate driver, so i suggest don't mess around with capacitors, you are not so lucky, the only way to save it is to isolate that whole side of drivers, get an adhesive tape , what happens if you block the signal VSS against one side of screen or another doing one at a time placing the tiny strip on the tcon connector? PS: Vss is marked on one side only in tcon but that is connected also to the other.
              Last edited by Davi.p; 08-11-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                Hi, starting from the pictures in your first post you surely have a bad side driver, a gate driver, so i suggest don't mess around with capacitors, you are not so lucky, the only way to save it is to isolate that whole side of drivers, get an adhesive tape , what happens if you block the signal VSS against one side of screen or another doing one at a time placing the tiny strip on the tcon connector? PS: Vss is marked on one side only in tcon but that is connected also to the other.
                Do you have any suggestions on which part of the connector to block with tape? I see a VSS test point on the board, but am not sure if the area to try would be the connectors right underneath it?

Comment

Obviosly you take the meter in continiuity and check to which pins of both connectors is connected the vss TP, start to block the side opposite to the side that is working better. Ensure you have no traces of past adhesives on connectors.
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 08-12-2020, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    Obviosly you take the meter in continiuity and check to which pins of both connectors is connected the vss TP, start to block the side opposite to the side that is working better. Ensure you have no traces of past adhesives on connectors.
                    I covered the 5-6 pins around the VSS point on the tcon with clear tape and can only get white bars to show up on the screen. Since this is the case, I assume that this is a lost cause and it's not worth trying a new tcon?

Comment

have you tried looking around the front of the panel to see if there is some visible damage where the tabs are connected to the panel? You need to remove the front bezel to see the area. Maybe someone "window washed" the screen.

Comment

My english is bad, maybe i don't explain well, must be blocked only Vss and only on one connector, the one of the worst side. It is not a lost cause, there is more to study on, and stop.

Comment

Working...
                        X