Scope and Fume Extractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope and Fume Extractor

Can anyone recommend a decent microscope and fume extractor on the cheap don't mind Chinese stuff if it does the job. UK here so anything eBay / amazon would be ideal.

Got my first hot air station the other day so might as well go the whole hog. Working on a couple of MacBook with backlight issues so above will be helpful.

Re: Scope and Fume Extractor

Hello

For an scope you can look into Amscope and fume extractor an FEK-01

Comment

If you're only doing a bit of soldering you can rig up a 12v PC fan to suck the fumes away.
      It leaves more money for a stereo microscope.
      Amscope seem to be the microscopes people buy new, I bought a used Kyowa off ebay.
      Just remember to check the zoom before you buy, IIRC the cheaper Amscopes have a bit too much.

Comment

for fume extractor i use ah hakko or similar for 45€ new.

for scope it really depends on how much often u will use it. i went for a cheaper amscope priced 220€new and i regret it as the most expensive 500-700€version boomstand is much much better... the are u can look after the zoom is really bigger... with my scope if i zoom a 128 pin ec, i can only look some part of it and not the whole chip and zome so work is just not as much perfect. in addition to that when i use the scope.... i need 2 bags under my ass because u cant be normally sit and look through the scope....

Comment

Cheers for the recommendations, amscopes seem good ones but a bit pricey. Im only a dabbler and will rarely use, just the odd bit here and there. Been reading around and for a fume extractor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220V-FA-4...72.m2749.l2649

and for a scope from a review on here

Andonstar ADSM302 - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87617

https://www.banggood.com/Andonstar-A...r_warehouse=UK

Will these be decent enough?

Comment

Originally posted by mikay786 View Post
            Will these be decent enough?
            They will do the job but in a very uneconomical manner. A flat 2D image on a screen is no comparison to looking through a stereo microscope that gives proper depth of field and a second hand stereo microscope can be bought much cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              They will do the job but in a very uneconomical manner. A flat 2D image on a screen is no comparison to looking through a stereo microscope that gives proper depth of field and a second hand stereo microscope can be bought much cheaper.
              Thanks ill take a look at second hand stereo ones then.

Comment

Working...
              X