Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46D6750 double image problem

I have a Samsung UE46D6750 Smart TV.

The image on the screen is doubled (only way I can think to describe it lol) please see attached pictures.

The lady who owned it said it was working fine until she lifted it down off the wall. I dont know if this is just coincidence, or may be a factor.

I have cleaned and re connected all cables from main board to Tcon, and ribbon connections from Tcon to drivers.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UE46D6750 double image problem

Power up the tv with only one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel. If one side is good, you can try the tape cutoff method on the bad side.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      Power up the tv with only one side connected at a time between the tcon and panel. If one side is good, you can try the tape cutoff method on the bad side.
      Here are some pics of what it is like with only 1 side connected at a time.

Im not familiar with the 'tape cut off method'
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi the method I think is that you isolate a small part of the contact that goes from main to Tcon you lose on exp two or three contacts from right to left or the opposite and every time you see what happens on the screen. There is a video on youtube about this error or solution just type: https: //youtu.be/NgIP9gitrlo

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
          Hi the method I think is that you isolate a small part of the contact that goes from main to Tcon you lose on exp two or three contacts from right to left or the opposite and every time you see what happens on the screen. There is a video on youtube about this error or solution just type: https: //youtu.be/NgIP9gitrlo
          Have you tried this method yourself? Do you have more information such as how many pins should the tape be covering etc?

Also, is this fault down to the Tcon? Or the Mainboard?

Comment

Hi Bloopeta
            There is a lot of information on this site on the cut-off method if you do a search using the Search box above.

The fault is extremely similar to a tab issue so perhaps too much pressure was exerted on the one side when taking it down off the wall.
            You could check if any of the small IC mounted on the tab ribbons are running hotter than the others.

If you put some slight pressure along the side where the defect is does it alter the image?
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgIP9gitrlo

Comment

Hi guys need a little help i have this model tv and the other day the tv just turned off and kelped clicking my initial thoughts was its down to the psu so i bought 1 and still did the same so i unplugged the lead from the power board to the main av and the screen lit up now my question is could this be a issue with the lead or the main av board im unsure many thanks

Comment

Since this is completely different issue, you should start new thread.
                  I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                  X