Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need bios for asus X432

Need bios for asus X432.

The original one doesn't see the pcie ssd, but can boot with linux or winpe via usb.

Tanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Need bios for asus X432

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
    Need bios for asus X432.

The original one doesn't see the pcie ssd, but can boot with linux or winpe via usb.

Tanks.
    Post the laptop serial number, barcode and/or QR code stickers on the motherboard.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, the serial number is KBN0CX037369468.

I can't see any barcode on the motherboard, but has a QR code sticker that you can see in the attached photo.

but can boot with linux or winpe via usb
      Most of the time it hangs booting and fan runs a little fast.

Perhaps ME region is corrupted, but don't know if that could cause the problem with ssd.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Need bios for asus X432.

Tanks.
        try this one
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, tanks for your quick answer.

Tomorrow will test your dump an let you know.

Comment

Hi SMDFlea, tanks for your quick answer.

Tomorrow will test your dump an let you know.

Seems that problem is not a bios problem, perhaps it is a pch related issue.

With your dump is not hanging with linux anymore, but it hangs when power-off or at sleep.

I'm going to test another dump found internet and post results.

Comment

Hi, I didn't notice that the motherboard is not a X432FLC, but a X432FA.

I really don't know if someone else reprogram this bios before, but bios chip has been never unsoldered. (pomona clip perhaps)
              So I will try to test the x432FA bios if I can find one.
              new bios from Asus are a nightmare, seems that they have it in exe format.

Can you explain how to extract bios portion from that exe files?
              Attached Files

Comment

motherboard is not a X432FLC, but a X432FA.
                I have tested a X432FA bios and it does not start.

I've tested two X432FA bios dump, one of them is bad, (uefitool says "invalid uefi volume"), the second one seems to be good, but doesn't start.

I've run out of ideas.

Any advice?

Comment

Hi, I didn't notice that the motherboard is not a X432FLC, but a X432FA.

I really don't know if someone else reprogram this bios before, but bios chip has been never unsoldered. (pomona clip perhaps)
                  So I will try to test the x432FA bios if I can find one.
                  new bios from Asus are a nightmare, seems that they have it in exe format.

Can you explain how to extract bios portion from that exe files?
                  No, with ASUS bios, they pack it with a zip file, extracting is easy, you downloaded the wrong exe file. Scroll down to the section below.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by hoaca388; 07-21-2022, 06:29 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    No, with ASUS bios, they pack it with a zip file, extracting is easy, you downloaded the wrong exe file. Scroll down to the section below.

Hi, I have downloaded the zip version, unzipped it and see that it is 17 Mbytes long, but can not extract the ME region, seems that it is only for use with the ezflash included in the bios setup menu.
                    It is not like HP bios that includes a fully functional dump.

Comment

bumping this old thread, in case someone can post an asus service bios. serial at post #3

Comment

Working...
                      X