Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC60C6400U - 2 long binks, 5 short blinks error code

Originally posted by Noobwithamultimeter View Post
    How would you account for me being able to use it for 206 hours on and off without issue then all of the sudden panel is bad? I will try the t-con trick and let you know. As for the values of the regulator, it is

(1) 13.19V
    (2) 12.14
    (3) 0V (ground)
    (4) 2.68V
    Same goes for the power supply, or the main board, correct? Why should they fail. It is likely that one of the panel driver ic's is failing, not the backlight.

Comment

If a light breaks in your home - is it time to buy a new home?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        Same goes for the power supply, or the main board, correct? Why should they fail. It is likely that one of the panel driver ic's is failing, not the backlight.
        What should I test next? I have my multimeter handy.

Comment

What should I test next? I have my multimeter handy.
          Buy a new house with a working tv.

Comment

Buy a new house with a working tv.
            Alright.

Comment

What are the steps to determine failing panel drivers ICs?

Comment

Many LED LCD TVs are left to run at their default backlight setting of 100%.
                This must be shortening LED lifespan.

Comment

You likely have a bad panel, Disconnect the T-Con from the panel (Flat cables) and see if the tv comes on with backlight.
                  QFT, likely a bad panel driver, based on Budwich's posts, IIRC.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48477
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

That's bad news. I did the removal of the tcon cables a couple of times, but no backlight will come on. So after sifting through the thread I've come to the conclusion that the 2 - 5 blink pattern seems to be a catch all for whatever issue ranging from power board to panel failure. Now I was able to get mine to work after replacing the KIA378R12PI regulator, then have it fail, re-do it and succeed for over 100 hours. When watching the set I noticed no lines, and the image was good. I will try to get it back on to take a picture.

Comment

After looking up repair kits for this model that solve the 2 - 5 blink code, I saw some 100k ohm resistors for the kit as well as the KIA378R12PI regulator. Should I be checking these next. Also which ones do I check and what value should they be at?

Comment

I'm just going to start testing and posting the values

R7305:
                        Top 4.99V
                        Bottom: 0V

Comment

The LCLExxxxxx, is the series that apparently led to Sharp selling their TV business to Hisense!
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Oh man. Hisense is hot trash. The picture on this set is great. Most Hisense models get lines after a year.

Comment

Oh man. Hisense is hot trash. The picture on this set is great. Most Hisense models get lines after a year.
                              That was before Hisense bought the Sharp TV division, IIHC.

And lines after one year? Ooofff! That's worse than that LG 49UH6100 upstairs in my sister's bedroom, which seems to have a writing on the wall that there's at least shitty LEDs!
                              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-26-2021, 03:41 PM.
                              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

In this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63390

BUDM suggests that the regulator is fine, but something is not letting it turn on normally, so Redrebel puts a resistor on one of the leads and attaches to a ground screw. Would this be worth attempting?

Comment

In this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63390

BUDM suggests that the regulator is fine, but something is not letting it turn on normally, so Redrebel puts a resistor on one of the leads and attaches to a ground screw. Would this be worth attempting?
                                  I dunno.
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Looks like my next option is to follow https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48477

I'm going to remove the outer frame and take a look CAREFULLY at all the flex tabs, if I see a burn mark on one, I assume I will have to cut all the tabs from that side. freaafter8 had success with a 70" doing this.

Comment

Looks like my next option is to follow https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48477

I'm going to remove the outer frame and take a look CAREFULLY at all the flex tabs, if I see a burn mark on one, I assume I will have to cut all the tabs from that side. freaafter8 had success with a 70" doing this.
                                      Most likely, with 2010s' Sharp, especially a mid/middish-2010s' Sharp!
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Yes that's the year I think. So I just inspected all the tabs on the left side, then the right side I saw no burned IC on either of them, so I'm ruling that out for now. My suspicion now is that it is indeed one or two burned out LEDS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Kv5ZTuGb0

This video shows led strip with the 2-5 error code which is possible after all.

Comment

I've got the tv totally apart now and can see all the leds. They all look perfect. All I have to test them with is 2 AAA batteries but I'm not having luck. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                          X