I have big problem with x360 g2 1030 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have big problem with x360 g2 1030 bios

Hi there , a laptop came with bios password , checked the laptop inside and found two chips, the first one is 25q80dv1g( number 1 in the pic), and 25q128jvpq (number two in the pic) , first I flashed chip number one with a dump file found it in this forum, nothing changed, the laptop still working and the password still there, I flashed the second chip with the same file the laptop died , the backup file is corrupted , bought a chip from Ebay but still the same , anyway to sort out chip number two ?
    Attached Files

Re: I have big problem with x360 g2 1030

What programmer did you use?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      What programmer did you use?
      ch341a, asprogrammer and flashrom

Comment

I don't have a CH341A, but I've seen people having a lot of problems with 128Mb chips when trying to dump/flash them with CH341A.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by layad View Post
          Hi there , a laptop came with bios password , checked the laptop inside and found two chips, the first one is 25q80dv1g( number 1 in the pic), and 25q128jvpq (number two in the pic) , first I flashed chip number one with a dump file found it in this forum, nothing changed, the laptop still working and the password still there, I flashed the second chip with the same file the laptop died , the backup file is corrupted , bought a chip from Ebay but still the same , anyway to sort out chip number two ?
          Files for chip 1 and 2 are different, flash the chips with corresponding images, verify the written files to make sure the chips are correctly programmed and you are good to go, nothing hard or special.
          Try AsProgrammer with CH341A support

DOWNLOAD LINK

Edit: I'm trying to upload the bios files, but permanently receive same error :
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vesko356; 02-06-2020, 05:19 PM.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Can you try please to upload them and tell me which file to which

Comment

I just tried again and got the same error . I sent a message to the moderator about the issue. In the afternoon I will try again, if the problem persist I will upload the files to Dropbox and will post a link in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                I just tried again and got the same error . I sent a message to the moderator about the issue. In the afternoon I will try again, if the problem persist I will upload the files to Dropbox and will post a link in the thread.
                The problem is with the 25q128.BIN. It won`t upload zipping it seperately,the file is corrupt somehow
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  ...the file is corrupt somehow
                  I don't think so, most probably it's a forum platform bug:
                  Attached Files

Comment

I didn`t mean the ME management engine firmware, i meant the part of the whole file,something isn`t right with it, its not the file attributes or size.It could be NTFS related.
                    Anyway the ME firmware is initialized which means its been booted on another machine already, the ME is "dirty" so it would need cleaning, i tried that,the file is still not uploading. I don`t think its a forum platform bug.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I didn`t mean the ME management engine firmware, i meant the part of the whole file,something isn`t right with it, its not the file attributes or size.It could be NTFS related.
                      I don't think it's a file related, but who knows.
                      Anyway the ME firmware is initialized which means its been booted on another machine already, the ME is "dirty" so it would need cleaning, i tried that,the file is still not uploading. I don`t think its a forum platform bug.
                      If you clean the ME region already, please spare me the additional work and upload the file here, I mean upload the file somewhere and post here the link.

Comment

I don't think it's a file related, but who knows.

If you clean the ME region already, please spare me the additional work and upload the file here, I mean upload the file somewhere and post here the link.
                        I did try to,but it wouldn`t upload.Still testing uploading files.

Comment

I did try to,but it wouldn`t upload.Still testing uploading files.
                          I also tried many times with no success at all, still same error. Just wanted to tell you to upload cleared ME file somewhere like Dropbox maybe and post the link here for layad, if you saved the cleared file, if not I'll do it myself.

Comment

@layad as I promised - below is the link to zip file containing bios image, to be more easy for you I've named the file 25q128.bin and as the name suggest this is image you must program to chip 2 (25q128jvpq). As you mentioned the notebook was working with the image in chip1 and stopped working after manipulations with chip2, so for now leave the chip 1 as is. Just program chip 2 with the 25q128.bin file and leave feedback here.
                            Good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f681zd0e70...5q128.zip?dl=0

Comment

thank you all, the file been uploaded is not working , the laptop acting the same , im not sure anymore the chip number 2 in the pic is the bios chip at all, anyone can confirm what chip is this as i couldint find the schematic? that was my mistake didnt make sure that i have a good backup thanks

Comment

...im not sure anymore the chip number 2 in the pic is the bios chip at all...
                                Don't worry, it is the bios chip.
                                thank you all, the file been uploaded is not working , the laptop acting the same , im not sure anymore the chip number 2 in the pic is the bios chip at all, anyone can confirm what chip is this as i couldint find the schematic? that was my mistake didnt make sure that i have a good backup thanks
                                OK try these, again the file names match the chip names (I hope you verify the programmed dump after flashing), so again first program chip 2, if that doesn't help again, program also chip 1 with the corresponding bin file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uww3qb1umt...01030.zip?dl=0
                                Last edited by Vesko356; 02-08-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

File uploads should be working now, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                                    File uploads should be working now, by the way.
                                    No, still same problem:
                                    Attached Files

Comment

No, still same problem:
                                      Strange, they seem fine on my end. What file are you trying to upload?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                                        Strange, they seem fine on my end. What file are you trying to upload?
                                        This one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uww3qb1umt...01030.zip?dl=0

And same problem with the file from this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                        X