PCI-e 2.0 x16 and M51AC/H87M-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI-e 2.0 x16 and M51AC/H87M-PRO

It's been a while since I had an issue that I cannot for the life of me figure out on my own PC. I have an Asus M51AC (H87M-PRO motherboard) with a i7 4770. I finally, got around to setting it up with a Quadro K5000. Everything is up and running in Windows 7 x64 SP1. However, this is where the trouble starts. The motherboard is supposed to be able to run up to PCI-e 3.0, let alone 2.0 x16. When I run GPU-Z, it at first, reports the K5000 running @ 2.0, but moments later the number changes to @ 1.1! Also, when I run HWiNFO64 it reads the slot as again, x16 2.0 running at x16, and it shows:

Video Bus: PCIe v2.0 x16 (5.0 GT/s) @ x16 (2.5 GT/s)

Do I have an unusual combination of hardware/OS/drivers? H87 drivers seem to be obscure, and outdated. I had to visit MSI's website to find much newer H87 drivers than those on Asus' website. Intel themselves have spotty drivers for the H87 unless, you're using Windows 8 or higher.

Any insight is appreciated!

p.s. It's still running BIOS version 1002
    Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Re: PCI-e 2.0 x16 and M51AC/H87M-PRO

This is normal and due to power saving.
    There is a small question mark next to the bus interface field in GPU-Z you can press to start a render test.
    That should bring the bus to full speed.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Re: PCI-e 2.0 x16 and M51AC/H87M-PRO

it is totally fine all gpus downgrade to lower pcie speeds when idle to save power

Comment

Working...
      X