Too fast for Windows 95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too fast for Windows 95?

So I built a PII 400 system running 95c, runs great, 3d games work good however I noticed older games like the windows entertainment pack, games like jezzball, skifree etc don't run smooth, which has me scratching my head as I helped freshly rebuild a 486 66 system for a friend with a slow trident 8900 card and the games ran really good on there.

Even games like chips challenge seem to run a bit off. Then I started reading something about 95 having issues on faster cpus. could this be the problem? any input or advice appreciated.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: Too fast for Windows 95?

yes i have heard of issues whereby win95 can have issues booting if the cpu is too fast. but i havent heard that the built-in windows games can also have issues if the cpu is too fast. may be a software flaw with the coding of the games.

try to run a cpu intensive task while running the game. see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Re: Too fast for Windows 95?

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
      yes i have heard of issues whereby win95 can have issues booting if the cpu is too fast. but i havent heard that the built-in windows games can also have issues if the cpu is too fast. may be a software flaw with the coding of the games.

try to run a cpu intensive task while running the game. see if that resolves the issue.
      The black-screen-of-death Windows error they're talking about, is coincidentally the same error Windows 98 SE gave me, when I didn't have enough Vcore-* for my Athlon T-bird, LOL.

*-Note that with the Vcore that seemed sufficient for Windows 98 SE,
      it was still clearly unstable under Windows XP!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
      X