component identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: component identification

The Bad Power board is putting out 12.77 VDC and the good Power Board is putting out 12.74 VDC. The voltage is there even when the main board is unplug for both boards.

Comment

The bad Power Board has 12.77 VDC at the connector CNM803. With and without the main board plugged in. And the good Power Board has 12.74 VDC With and without the main board plugged in. Not sure what is wrong with this board.

Not worth fixing I guess. Taking too much time and these boards are very cheap on eBay. I have an extra here so I am just going to install that one. I just want to understand what is wrong with the board. I guess if I don't figure it out now I may not the next time. I am thinking it may be an IC.
      Last edited by Shane711; 01-12-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane711 View Post
        A friend of mine asked me to fix this TV. He said his wall receptacle has a short in it. I am not sure if that caused this or not but I do not think he opened the TV because he doesn't even know what a soldering iron is.
        That doesn't make sense, but non-technical people often use the term 'short' to mean anything.

BUT, a loose connection at the wall socket could cause current spikes as the power supply cuts in and out, and that may well damage a PSU.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

These Power Boards are on eBay from $9.00 to $15.00 so no point on putting a lot of time into fixing it unless I don't have nothing else better to do. So I will put in my pile of things to fix.

Comment

Guys, i write from Chile. Gimme a hand here, please.

I have a Samsung PSU BN44-00772A and a "technician" (i guess) tried previously to repair it.

The PSU has a diode removed from it, that is located on position DP801CS. The fuse and MOSFET blown too, but that's on place.

I just have the PSU on my hands, so i can't upload photo of the unit or the other boards.

If someone has this PSU, i'll really appreciate if can write me here what part is that diode.

Sorry for my bad english folks, hehe.

Greetings from Chile.
            Attached Files

Comment

I can not find the original number for DP801CS, but the BN44-00707A uses a U5A6CD Ultra-Fast recovery Diode, Case: DPAK
              Most are rated at between 6~15 amps and minimum 600 Volts
              Last edited by R_J; 04-05-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks, matey.

That reference is useful.

If someone else have some clues about this, i'll very grateful.

Comment

I update this thread to inform in reference at post #25 that DP801CS was an ultra-fast diode U5A6CD just like R_J said.

Thanks, dude.

Comment

Glad to here its up and working again.

Comment

Working...
                    X