Changing wifi card on Asus K56CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing wifi card on Asus K56CB

I need to replace the wifi card on my Asus K56CB. Of course I would like to take the opportunity to upgrade to at least something like the Intel 7260 Dual Band Wireless 7260HMW 867M BT4.0 802.11ac Mini PCI-E Wifi Card. Can anyone let me know if this card would work on my K56CB? And if it doesn't work, anything faster than the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter that came with the Asus which will work? Is there a whitelist for this model?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Stay safe

Re: Changing wifi card on Asus K56CB

it's website shows it's an intel card driver. Not sure why you have an atheros in there.

generally any m.2 wifi card will be ok in any m.2 slot, it still uses a pci-e channel on the m.2 A/E slot.

I've had success with intel 7265 cards from ebay. Some atheros too, but some of the atheros are ripped from dell laptops and the matching PNP ID is dell, and it literally says the driver is a dell card. still works though.

intel 9560 is a very high speed 5ghz a/c, but it has a win 10 only driver, so if you have 7 or 8 you're out of luck
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Thanks Uranium-235. I've contacted an US supplier who assured me that the
      Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 2x2 Network plus Bluetooth adapter (7260.HMWWB.R) would work on my Asus. I will let you know if this is true. I do have windows 10, but as I don't need that much speed, the 7260 should be enough of an improvement over the Atheros I have now which keeps on dropping the signal.
      Meanwhile, stat safe.

Comment

I hope it doesn't drop because of range. 5ghz is known to have lower penetration through walls
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Hello, did 7260 work ?

Comment

Working...
          X