Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top Half of Dell E151FPb Darker

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
    and every time you walk by the monitor you will hear it snickering - "Ha, ha, couldn't fix me!!!".
    PlainBill
    I HATE that!

I had one do that to me, though I would reply "Hey, it's not my fault you have a processor chip made out of unobtanium"
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Can't find them And I'm someone who probably meets the clinical definition of a hoarder
      Heaven, is a place where all IC's are DIP.

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
        I HATE that!

I had one do that to me, though I would reply "Hey, it's not my fault you have a processor chip made out of unobtanium"
        I've got two. One is in the same category as yours - the firmware is corrupted. Can't find the firmware, I'd have to buy a programmer and rig an adapter, etc., so it's an 'unrepairable at this time'. On the other hand, I have seen firmware chips for other monitors on sale, so if anyone ever does this one, it will be repairable.

The other is a 19" Viewsonic that blows the driver transistors for the inverter (the Royer oscillator design). I've checked most everything I can think of, but don't have the answer - yet. On the other hand, for Christmas I got myself a rather nice variable power supply with current limiting. Real Soon Now I'm opening it up, isolating the power supply for each side, then comparing behavior of each side using a scope. THAT's the one that's been sassing me.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
          You've already put in what - $5 in parts and a couple of hours? If you quit now you have wasted the time and money, and every time you walk by the monitor you will hear it snickering - "Ha, ha, couldn't fix me!!!". Fix it by replacing the backward FET and you can recover the money, get at least some compensation for your time (the balance of the time can be written off as 'training'), AND get the monitor out of your shop.

PlainBill
          ive been reading this forum for ages now,and this is the most excellent post i have seen,not all is what it seems,and never always trust a schematic,i made the same mistake ,i i thought exactley the same thing ,ok i lost a few quid but the time spent ,i learned a hell of a lot,the "training"is priceless,sometimes just spending the time learning is more rewarding than making money,excellent post plainbill,top man
          fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
          please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

I agree MM It can often be frustarting, but it's worth it in the end. And yes, schematics can be dodgy. Better to look at the circuit and apply your knowledge. In the case of transistors and fet's, the polarities will tell you which way it should fit in the circuit.

Quick note: since the monitor does not have brightness control, that would indicate a problem with the inverter IC.

Comment

Sweet mother of Jesus! No wonder everything is all wrong! The board is from a Dell E153FPC!!!! Does anyone know what are the FET's that drive the inverter circuit? Because I was obviously using the wrong ones!!! Or does anyone perhaps have a schematic? My apologies if one is not permitted to make such requests.

Comment

There's a service manual listed on this site.

http://elektrotanya.com/

Andy

Comment

This is INSANE!!! The SM I need can be found through this link: http://www.fixya.com/support/t404412...other_response

It's the power board for a E172FPb. The E153FPC uses 8 pin smd fet ic's.

Comment

For the sake of closure, the original FET push-pull drivers solved the problem.

Comment

Bonjour

On ma offert un ecran dell E153FBP qui ne fonction pas.

Jai 2 composant qui ce trouve sur mon bloc d'alimentation de dell E153FBP.

1-Q601: STP 7NC70Z
                      2-ic601: Dm0365R

as que ce sont les bon référence.

Merci

Comment

Hello

It offered me a dell E153FBP Desktop does not work.

Jai 2 component that is on my power supply dell E153FBP.

1-Q601: STP 7NC70Z
                        2-ic601: Dm0365R

as it is the good reference.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X