Antec TruePower 550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antec TruePower 550

that's right... the biggest, baddest, PSU you could buy when I bought it. Wasn't being taxed... ran for about a year and then the server wouldn't run anymore. Granted it was on 24x7, but c'mon!

Didn't open it up because it's an expensive supply, and I got it replaced for free under Antecs AQ3 warranty.

had to run the server on a truepower 350 for about 2 weeks while I waited for the new supply, though.
    Ludicrous gibs!

many of the major psu brands all use the same kind of bad caps, i have checked inside antec/addtronics/zalman, all similar crap teapos, fujiyyu etc. i think most psus are made in the same few factories in china. last psu i seen apart from recent hp server psus using good caps was a old 250W with big panasonic caps and jamicons. i dont know why someone doesnt make a psu with good caps. hell $20 extra retail should easily cover it.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Heh,Heh. I had a coffee maker that had GSC crapacitors, needless to say I tossed that unit instead of fixing it.
      EPoX 9NDA3+
      A64 Winnie 3200 @270*10
      2-512 Corsair TwinXMS 4400
      6800GT

EPoX 8RDA+
      Barton 2500 234*10
      2-256 Twinmos BH-5 3200
      R9700 Pro

ABIT NF7-S 2.0 239fsb
      XP 2100+
      2-512 Corsair Value Select 3200
      R9500np softmod to 9700

"USE THE N-FORCE 3, LUKE"

Comment

Originally posted by bETAbILLY
        Heh,Heh. I had a coffee maker that had GSC crapacitors, needless to say I tossed that unit instead of fixing it.
        GSC caps in a coffee maker? LOL.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

so thats why the coffee tasted bad?
          as bad as leaky caps stink i wouldnt want to taste them!

Comment

what, jamicon is good? i have psu with jamicon caps..
            days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Working...
            X