Corsair AX1200 Series Any Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corsair AX1200 Series Any Suggestions

Sorry folks didn't mean for this to cause any issues between yah both just curious as to where the short was on the rail most likely the bummer is that nothing at all looks burnt like normal and no caps are bloated nothing looks funny that says hey I'm here come fix me.

Oh speaking of multimeters I really like this one to be honest works well for every application I've needed it for so far. Fixed quite a few TV's and such with it made a home made solar setup tabbed all the cells individually and tabbed them together used a large old window and a sheet of plexi glass and it allows me to run my laptop on it all day and in the evening with a AGM battery and a cheap charge controller.

Anyhow I do want to thank everyone so far who has chimed in to help I am very greatful of this.
    Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

Originally posted by infringer View Post
      Display LCD 59 x 25 mm, 1999 DC voltage, V Range 200mV/2V/20V/200V/1000V Accuracy ±(0.5%+1) AC voltage, V Range 2V/20V/200V/750V Accuracy ±(0.8%+3) DC current, A Range 2mA/200mA/20A Accuracy ±(0.8%+1) AC current, A Range 20mA/200mA/20A Accuracy ±(1%+3) Resistance, Ω Range 200Ω/2kΩ/200kΩ/2MΩ/20MΩ Accuracy ±(0.8%+1) Capacitance, F Range 20nF/200nF/2uF/100uF Accuracy ±(2.5%+5) Inductance, H Range 2mH/20mH/200mH/20H Accuracy ±(2%+10) Temperature, ºC Range -40ºC ~ 1000ºC Accuracy ±(1%+3) Sampling rate 2-3x/s Power 9V battery: NEDA 1604, 6F22 or 006P Dimensions (H x W x D), mm 165 x 80 x 38.3 Weight, g (including battery) 275

UNI-T UT50D

Sure it is not a fluke but it does the job fairly well for the price....

Yes correct it is a 1 is not a measurement it is an indicator out of range.

hrmmm I suspected that from the first reading a short somewhere on the 12v but where it could be is the question there are 2 + 12v lines it would technically be pins 10 and 11 on the atx connector dunno why I said fourth but sorry for the mix up.
      R U crazy or something? its cost 50$, look there is a multimeter like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/261374924027 that cost 10$ plus shipping and one in my class got same one but differnt brand little bit les accurate but this one is accurate and if u want proof here a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aoWTTc-hXY that show how accurate
      10$ multimeter and u look it ur multi and my multi u will see that they have the same accuracy specs

"May the caps be withyou"
      Last edited by predator0357; 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Sorry folks didn't mean for this to cause any issues between yah both
        Nah, no issues. It's not uncommon for techincal discussions to get a little "heated" sometimes. But that's good, because after all we just trying to get the right information out to whoever may be reading.

just curious as to where the short was on the rail most likely the bummer is that nothing at all looks burnt like normal and no caps are bloated nothing looks funny that says hey I'm here come fix me.
        Like I said, you will have to trace which 12V rail is the shorted one. Since you seem to have a pretty hard short circuit, you could use either resistance or continuity setting here. Pretty much you start at the PSU's connectors. Once you find which rail it is, trace it back to the circuit board on the PSU and let us know which one it is (circle it on the picture or something similar).

Both ceramic capacitors and output rectifiers could be shorted and nothing will appear burned or cooked. It's all down to using your multimeter, seeing if the short is there, removing a component or two, and then back with the multimeter to see if the short is gone and if the component you pulled out is good.

We can probably guide you, but again, you have to show which rail is shorted and where it connects to on the PSU's circuit board.

Comment

Originally posted by predator0357 View Post
          R U crazy or something? its cost 50$, look there is a multimeter like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/261374924027 that cost 10$ plus shipping and one in my class got same one but differnt brand little bit les accurate but this one is accurate and if u want proof here a vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aoWTTc-hXY that show how accurate
          10$ multimeter and u look it ur multi and my multi u will see that they have the same accuracy specs

"May the caps be withyou"
          Yeah and is 10times less acurrate. Often less is not better.
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
          X