Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Another Samsung 245BW - Power Board BN44-00195A - No display, solid blue light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yet Another Samsung 245BW - Power Board BN44-00195A - No display, solid blue ligh

@Toasty: Still have a test for me to do?

Comment

Re: Yet Another Samsung 245BW - Power Board BN44-00195A - No display, solid blue ligh

Follow picture. Report voltages.

Just jumpered on, no inverter or other boards.
      Attached Files
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to do a quick update if anyone cares,
        I ordered the power supply I was talking about earlier, ( http://www.iccfl.com/product_info.php?products_id=11238)
        And got it today, and of course installed it right away. To my pleasant and expected surprise the monitor is back alive after like 2 years of staying in my closet! so happy now and writing right from it!! =D

Thanks to OP for getting this thread.. I am sure there is more threads like this but I happened to find this with the right link to my power board ( I searched online for the right one at right price and had no luck)!!
        Last edited by Vhaos; 03-12-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Wow... I should've paid way more attention in electronics class.

I came across this thread as one of my 245BW's that I paid $400 so handsomely in 2007 has finally gone black screen (With solid Blue Light).

While I have a soldering iron, I certainly am quite novice at all things electronics.

I'll be cracking this thing open tomorrow morning to take a look.

I was wondering ... are there folks on the East Coast (New Jersey) that offer 245BW repair? (Ship to you, ship back, $$ via paypal or some other service)? Is it appropriate to ask that?

Just wondering in case there aren't very obvious blown capacitors... i don't even own a voltage meter.

EDIT:

Do you guys recommend repair kits like this :
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Kit-S...item4cf84371b8
          Last edited by Orich; 10-07-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

@Vhaos - Swapping the board doesn't count. That's cheating...

Consider yourself out of the tech's union and a card carrying member of the board swappers.

@Orich - You can ask the question, it just can't be answered (hint).
            Swap the board like Vhaos did and save yourself the aggravation.

T
            veritas odium parit

Comment

Whelp I just soldered on three new capacitors that might've looked maybe SLIGHTLY blown ... no luck ... still a blue power light, but black screen ... Radio shack only had 35V varities of the capacitors... but i made sure to match the MF reading (2x1000 and 1x2200 is what i replaced)

I have the resistors but... i dont even know how im supposed to keep the solder melted long enough to un-bend the leads from the board... lol ... i cant get the damn resistors off!!

hey Vhaos... did you really pay $55 + $25 shipping? Ugh.. if I'm going to spend $80 to fix this monitor... for another $120 i can get a new LED backlit one :-/

Comment

Ah okay! I just saw a youtube... i gotta use the pump thing to remove the solder first eh :-p trying now!

Oops Just ripped off some of the circuit board.. NOOOOO

Guess I'm buying a new board... Sigh!
                Last edited by Orich; 10-07-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have a "same" problem with the BN44-00173A PSU. I do a full recap and changed all the 68Ohms. The symptom is: black screen no 24/5,3V.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                  X