Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer1715 display screen off-center HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer1715 display screen off-center HELP!

It seems this thread got hijacked while I wasn't here ...

@ Alucard: sorry for the driver, unfortunately most Intel graphic chip share the name GMA so I found only the most recent driver which covers only last chips (945, 965 and G3x family): the one for your 910/915 is here, dated january 2007.
    Position controls I was referring to are the blue arrows in i4004's screenshot and are useful if you can't use your monitor controls or if the image is really out of center: your seems the second case, maybe autocentering is badly implemented in your monitor. Can you test the Acer with another computer?

Anyway, graphic properties usually are in Windows Control panel -> Screen -> Settings, Advanced button: look all tabs until you find the controls. I say "usually" because new drivers tend to be shipped with separate control tools, such as Ati's Catalyst Control Center or nVidia's Control Panel: Intel may use its program, so YMMV.

@ PaulS, i4004: do not turn this thread into a "nVidia vs Intel" war, please. Alucard wants only to watch decently the desktop on his monitor, not to watch HD movies nor to play 3D games and a new card is [ahem] out of discussion. Aside new drivers, Powerstrip and complaining for Acer monitors, what can Alucard do?

Zandrax
    Last edited by zandrax; 07-13-2008, 03:00 PM.
    Have an happy life.

Comment

Originally posted by zandrax
      @ PaulS, i4004: do not turn this thread into a "nVidia vs Intel" war, please.
      Who? Me?

Comment

zandrax, news-flash: his monitor is faulty, he tried it with other one and picture was ok.

me->right, you and pauls->wrong(it's not the video card).
        <wink>

another news item; war is over!
        hehe...

>Aside new drivers, Powerstrip and complaining for Acer monitors, what can Alucard do?

get new monitor? acer was a gift of some sort anyway...
        yes, to be on the dafe side he should try acer on another machine too.

powerstrip? i have quite scary memories of it: it was that app that made my desktop vanish in a nasty way...on some old nvidia card...
        today i see powerstrip is shareware: i declare it most unusable shareware ever...
        i'd like to think we've passed the time when we need to tweak the damn h and v frequencies by 1hz increment...or whatever that damn app does.

oh yes, good luck on exams!
        but i doubt you'll need much luck, as i think you're clever enough to pass it on knowledge alone!

Comment

Originally posted by i4004
          zandrax, news-flash: his monitor is faulty, he tried it with other one and picture was ok.

me->right, you and pauls->wrong(it's not the video card).
          <wink>
          <Grouchy Smourf>I hate being wrong!</Grouchy Smourf>
          Just a joke, you're right about the Acer

another news item; war is over!
          Urrah!

get new monitor? acer was a gift of some sort anyway...
          This seems reasonable.

oh yes, good luck on exams!
          but i doubt you'll need much luck, as i think you're clever enough to pass it on knowledge alone!
          One exam passed, one failed and the third barely failed: I was't so lucky nor so smart [I used to be the stereothypical nerd studying 8 hours a day and getting high marks but I'm no more like it due to a sad story].

Zandrax
          Have an happy life.

Comment

its not your pc , the logic board they use in this model acer has issues , and tends to fail , causing this problem

Comment

one more not appearing via "new posts" button, it seems....
              otherwise i would of answer it...

studying 8 hours a day
              you must be kidding.
              it's impossible to study 8 hrs a day.
              or 5..or 3...hehe....

also, if you need to study 8hrs are you sure you're on the university you're really interested in?

so nothing ever changes: schools still torture the children with unneeded garbage.
              how much of the stuff they teach you will you really be using afterwards?
              seems to me best shcools should do would be to teach folks how to find the information, and then see if you remembered any of it.
              if you're interested in the subject, you'll remember.
              it's waste of time to teach those that are not interested anyway.

Comment

@ i4004: you've a PM.

Zandrax
                Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
                X