Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus VH242 white vertical line

Hi, I found this nice Asus monitor.
    It has a white vertical line (static line doesn't move)

I attach 2 photos of the video board.
    It looks like a capacitor was change at some point.
    Could it be that the capacitor is failing again?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus VH242 white vertical line

Vertical lines are usually a sign of the TFT panel going bad (or rather the ribbon cables attached to it are starting to get detached.)

Post a picture of the problem, though, so we can evaluate if that's the case or not. Meanwhile, you could also try re-seating and cleaning the LVDS cable going between the logic and T-con board.

Comment

Hi, like I said in my post it's one single white vertical line.
      The line doesn't move.
      I already took a part the monitor I cannot take a picture right now.

Thanks.

Comment

Probably a panel fault, as I mentioned. You can try moving the flat cables between the t-con board and the TFT screen right above the line to see if that makes it disappear or change colors. But apart from that, there's not much you can do with any simple tools. No parts to replace to fix that.

Comment

Sometimes you can find compatible panel on eBay in good shape for a decent price. I fixed my Acer X223HQ (vertical lines, 1/3 horizontal flickering) with an MT215DW01 panel found at $30 for example. Had to flash the firmware with one from an Acer X233H to get the OSD back (gray screen with the original firmware) and now the backlight control is reversed. Also I exchanged only the LCD panel (the translucent black panel) without the backlight assembly since it's a LED backlight and mine was originally CCFL.
          It's a lot of work but in the end the display is fixed and works perfectly fine (except for the reversed backlight control but that's not really an issue).
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess it will go to the recycling bin.

Frank.

Comment

Well, you can put it on your local Craigslist, Kijiji, FreeCycle, or whatever you use over there (or simply put it outside your house with a "Free - broken" note on it). That way, someone may take it to use for parts. After all, the power supply, logic board, and CCFL tubes should be quite useful to someone who repairs monitors.

Comment

Working...
              X