Video: Flickering and fixed lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: Flickering and fixed lines

I'm experienced in electronics, but I'm just training myself in monitor repair, and this is the first time I've come across such a failure. This breakdown application is an AOC 917Sw + from our school another school

The fault is generally intertwined or shaded colors and 5-6 white lines at the bottom edge.

I've recorded a short video to illustrate this and I share the link below:
    https://youtu.be/va7WohwOauM

Perhaps repairing is beyond my means (but for now maybe it has a very simple solution.

In general, I did the following checks:
    • I tested the fluorescence separately intact. No lighting problem. The 5V output of the inverter is clean.
    • I couldn't detect a cold solder on the VGA card. Capacitor capacities are good (I measured and removed).
    • I tested the flex and connector from the VGA card (I'm not sure that's the name to the panel board. The resistance of each line is less than 2.5ohm. I could not detect a short circuit capacitor on the panel board (I must admit that I did these tests on the circuit, I did not disconnect it). I can read 3.3v, 5v and 32v voltages on the panel board.

I would like to thank the experienced and helpful members of the forum for their advice. Thank you from now.
    Attached Files

Re: Video: Flickering and fixed lines

Check the small capacitors on the video/signal input board. The issue could be due to a regulator dropping in and out either due to bad capacitors or the regulator being faulty. The T-con also should have a linear regulator or two. Check these to make sure the voltage is clean if you have a scope. Or if not, just replace them. Most of time, the linear regulators will be 1117 parts (adjustable and/or fixed voltage) or 1084. In rare cases, you might some something else. They don't fail often, but I've seen it a few times. Always causes weird issues like you see.

Comment

Re: Video: Flickering and fixed lines

Thank you for your advice and help. I will check your issues as best as I can and let them know. Greetings

Comment

Working...
      X