Ethernet controller replacement (PS3) 88E6106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet controller replacement (PS3) 88E6106

Hello. So i have repaired a CHECHL console with an HDMI chip replacement. And now when i boot it up i immediately get an error , which is (long story short) caused by ethernet controllera LAN. I get no wifi , no lan , and sometimes bluetooth.
    And now the next problem is i cannot find this ethernet controller IC anywhere online . i found some company online but they want me to pay 20$ which is out of the question cuz obvious reasons... So i was wondering if anyone had this chip laying around . or maybe i can get an alternative replacement with a third party chip? The exact part number is 88E6106-LKJ1 ... i cannot find it anywhere on ebay or anything similar.. really weird..i was hoping that someone who has more experience with these consoles could help me out and maybe give me an alternative chip that i can buy as replacement.

Im not sure if i have damaged it in the process of repairing hdmi since they are pretty close or was it already broken...

Re: Ethernet controller replacement (PS3) 88E6106

is that a Marvel chip??

i cant see how the thernet would effect wifi

Comment

Ye , I was thinking the same... But there are some pins that are directly connected to wifi so I guess that's how. I found it online some person had the same symptoms like my board , and they replaced that chip and it was working...

Comment

I might actually buy the chip if no one has any spares to give on here , just so i can prove that that was the problem... I know its not worth it anyway but i would like to have the satisfaction of fixing this stuborn problem and also learning experience is great... Might make some money selling it but who knows i will update this here so anyone having similar problem this might help him alot... The only company selling the chip 88e6016-lkj1 is the jotrin company... here is their website https://www.jotrin.com/ , does anyone have any knowledge if these guys are legit ... Cuz i wanna know that i will get what i paid for
        Last edited by sigmeyer; 07-02-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Okay , so update , i cannot buy the chip , because that company erlier only sends with DHL which is 39$ for postage for a single chip ... so thats out of the question.. Now , i've been thinking ... if i turn on the wired connection on my PS3 (i have another ps3 that i fixed) the wireless led is completely off as a result of it... which makes me think , its either a digital signal that tells the controller to turn off wifi or it is the hardware analog part that switches it off and on... which kinda affirms my beliefs that ethernet controller is responsible for switching between WIFI and ethernet... Also on my other console when i plug in the ethernet cable , with no settings touched, the indicator led turns on almost instantly where as on this console it doesnt turn on whatsoever... Now from my knowledge , the chip that controls that LED is also the ethernet chip , All voltages present on him , but no led... I am now 85% sure that its this chip's fault, im just not sure how does it mess with the bluetooth ... but then again , bluetooth works but only intermittently , it takes a while for my controler to be connected... I really want this chip to see if it will mend the issue. IF anyone has a CHECHL console(fat later models) if you have this spare part pls tell me so i can buy it off you for appropriate price... (50$ for a chip is just not worth it , i can buy used console for that kind of money)

Comment

Sorry for reviving a two year old thread. I have exactly the same PS3 model CECHL with VER-001 motherboard. Almost the same problems, no ethernet, no ethernet LED, no wifi nor wifi LED, Bluetooth sometimes work and will freeze the console if you turn on by pressing the PS button on controller(wake up by Bluetooth).

I was checking all the voltage regulator and switching mosfet connected to them, seems all fine.

I do have spare boards to replace a Marvel 88E6106-LKJ1 so before I can do that I'd like to see if the OP had some progress, even though two years ago... Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X