Antec PP-303X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antec PP-303X

Here's another Antec that fried. I'm not sure if it was caused by bad caps but it is loaded with fuhjyyu caps. I have since opened every PS and replaced all on the low voltage side with quality caps from Digikey. Voltages when monitored in the BIOS are much more stable now! Should the 22uf 50v caps be replaced as well? Some of the threads on this forum indicate these are also the cause of problems.
    Attached Files

Re: Antec PP-303X

how old is that psu? the later ones look better. where is half the components on that pcb heh
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

If that's a a 300W P/S, those are very decent sized heatsinks (How often have I said that in a post?). What is that fried daughter card, a temperature-controlled fan O/P?
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

later models had the nice heatsinks and glue (how am i supposed to to service this junk or inspect the caps) and of course a lot of teapo etc
        Last edited by willawake; 11-13-2005, 04:38 PM.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          If that's a a 300W P/S, those are very decent sized heatsinks (How often have I said that in a post?). What is that fried daughter card, a temperature-controlled fan O/P?
          All of the Antecs I've seem to be well designed with beefy heatsinks etc. Their choice of fuhjyyu caps kinda negate the decent engineering however.

I think this is the fan control circuit. Not sure what the blown daughter card's function was except scaring my wife when it blew up hehe.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mustang; 11-13-2005, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I think the fried board is for the +5V standby rail, if I am correct, from the size of this board.
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic
              I think the fried board is for the +5V standby rail, if I am correct, from the size of this board.
              correct.likely had the chopper short and blew up the parts leading to its gate.

Comment

Working...
              X