unite caps in mge vigor 400,apower misc models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unite caps in mge vigor 400,apower misc models

have been seeing lots of these mge gamer special vigor psu's with these unite brand caps.
    a power uses the same board on a plain case.
    seems to be the same board as powmax.
    Attached Files

Re: unite caps in mge vigor 400,apower misc models

I think I've seen something like that today in Gembird (really crap brand) PSU (made 2004).

Comment

some sites confuse them with MGE UPS SYSTEMS they are in my bad books anyway but time to sue for passing off?

unite eh? another difficult name for google searches.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I've seen this 'Unite' brand electrolytic capacitor before. Also, I have seen a 'United' brand electrolytic capacitor as well.

I guess the CD110 and CD263 and CDxxx series are used by more than one Chinese manufacturer - they are usually of poor quality...

The 'Gembird' manufacturer can be found www.gembird.cn - they also manufacture UPS units as well - would you trust them with their UPS units?
        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't buy Gembird UPS. I have two things from Gembird and both are bad:

FlexiDrive - USB 3.5" HDD rack - sometimes works, sometimes not. They left out a small watchdog chip that should reset the controller so it detects as unknown device sometimes. I used it very rarely, but the handle of the plastic rack broke despite that...

KVM mechanical switch - the wires inside were very bad, resulting in ghosts on monitor - so I replaced RGB with proper shielded cables (cut from monitor cable), then after about a month of usage, the switch started to fail and sice I like all RGB colors on my screen, not only some of them, I had to throw away everything from inside and build a simple electronic switch there (3 relays for RGB and CMOS switches for the other signals).

Comment

Working...
          X