Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iso-p500spp Psu

should defnitely be ok for a p3.
    it is for a celeron 2.66 prescott. how you like your toast?
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

its for me. i hope willawake make me nice pc.

Comment

whew i found a fujiyuu. happy happy. good luck monika

Attached Files

Comment

200W-250W seems about right for those heatsinks. Boschert Inc., now part of Artesyn, used Elna for O/P caps in the late 70s. The Elna moved their factory to Korea (IIRC), lost their "formula", refused to acknowledge it, and Boschert was forced to do a lot of warranty repairs and "eat" a lot of caps they had in stock. I was informed of that in 1980 by Boschert's component engineer when I worked there. Hopefully Elna has learned much in the past 25 years.
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

200W-250W seems about right for those heatsinks.
            might just power an xbox 360 then

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
              > anyway crap or not?

It's not crap, merely over-rated. It should be good for 200-250W - the secondary-side caps seem to be Elna/Chemicon, so it should be OK. Just pre-emptively replace the auxiliary primary-side flyback capacitor (visible to the right of the top-most transformer on the 2nd pic) with a long-life Nichicon PW(M) or Chemicon LXA and you should be OK for many years of safe use.
              i have seen noname caps with the same vent elna uses.
              a pic of the caps would be nice.

Comment

> i have seen noname caps with the same vent elna uses.

Good call - those Koshin and Fujhiyu (?) on the secondary need to be recapped. Primary is not that critical, except for the auxiliary flyback.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake

do you always talk to yourself?
                  ip gives you away every time:-)

Comment

do you always talk to yourself?
                    ip gives you away every time:-)
                    its a joke but you're right its not very good. i am so bored i am going insane
                    Last edited by willawake; 12-11-2005, 06:08 AM.

Comment

You've found one Fuhjyyu cap in that ISO power supply, my Antec PSU is loaded with them!

I'd say that ISO PSU would be good enough for a Celeron 2.6GHz Prescott machine.
                      My gaming PC:
                      AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
                      ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
                      PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
                      G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
                      TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
                      WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
                      ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
                      Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
                      Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
                      Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
                      Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

You've found one Fuhjyyu cap in that ISO power supply, my Antec PSU is loaded with them!
                        i have Fuhjyyu in several units. the most important thing is whether the psu design is ok so it wont nuke the computer when they fail.

In this case it was quite suprising to find one Fuhjyyu amongst all those Koshin when i was checking the photos.

Comment

its a joke but you're right its not very good. i am so bored i am going insane

Ever been to North Dakota??? THAT is boredom.

On a side note, I'm glad I went through this thread. Now your avatar makes sense......kinda.

It had me wondering.

PS - it doesn't look like she weighs too much more than a PS.
                          Last edited by stretch0069; 12-11-2005, 11:23 AM.
                          "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
                          AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

i have Fuhjyyu in several units. the most important thing is whether the psu design is ok so it wont nuke the computer when they fail.

In this case it was quite suprising to find one Fuhjyyu amongst all those Koshin when i was checking the photos.
                            At work one time an Antec TrueControl 550 (pretty expensive at the time) blew up and also nuked the PC. Somehow the protection didn't work. An autopsy was done on it and all the capacitors and all the transformers in that thing went bad.
                            The horrible odor was not good and the thing was way beyond repair level so it was trashed with the system it nuked. Too bad I have no pics.
                            My gaming PC:

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Did Confucious really say that?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by willawake; 12-11-2005, 03:52 PM.
                                Jim

Comment

Confucious say ok to meet girl in park but better to park meat in girl

not the url button the picture button jim!
                                  Last edited by willawake; 12-11-2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

An autopsy was done on it and all the capacitors and all the transformers in that thing went bad.
                                    If the O/P transformer had a primary-secondary breakdown, the current limit and OVP circuits aren't going to help. I'll bet the ashes didn't smell too good.
                                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

sounds like what happened while i demonstrated the lack of overcurrent protection in a powmax built black knight unit.
                                      when it failed internally it blew flames and sparks out the vents for a good 5 minutes before it blew a fuse.it continues to burn for quite a while afterwards and the fire traveled down the harness dripping flaming plastic.
                                      the best reason to avoid cheap psu.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                        If the O/P transformer had a primary-secondary breakdown, the current limit and OVP circuits aren't going to help. I'll bet the ashes didn't smell too good.
                                        You're right, the ashes didn't smell good. The capacitors had a scent of ammonia and rotten fish mixed together!

Originally posted by kc8adu
                                        sounds like what happened while i demonstrated the lack of overcurrent protection in a powmax built black knight unit.
                                        when it failed internally it blew flames and sparks out the vents for a good 5 minutes before it blew a fuse.it continues to burn for quite a while afterwards and the fire traveled down the harness dripping flaming plastic.
                                        the best reason to avoid cheap psu.
                                        That Antec had sparks going everywhere on the inside of it and it caught fire, but it was very small and was extinguished. The only thing that survived in that thing were the two fans (it was a dual fan PSU) and I have them in my closet. One 80MM and one 92MM.

I now got an Antec SmartPower SL450 450W P4 and SATA ready PSU, hope it doesn't have a painful and smelly death like the Antec TrueControl 550 at the place I work at.
                                        Last edited by Newbie2; 12-11-2005, 06:12 PM.
                                        My gaming PC:

Comment

When reading those fortunes.....you need to add "in bed" to the end of it.

"Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
                                          AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Working...
                                          X