Belinea 102035W Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belinea 102035W Help

Dont you have the old caps? Just find the 2 that match the picture they all look different.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I got 2 of 4 fitted then there are 2 that looks exaclly the same with different voltage on uF and voltage on them. The one I am confused with have yellow letter decryption on photo.

Comment

Just get the old caps and stand them on end - push into polystrene or plasticine so they stand up and take a picture of the ends - and post it.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

its game over. After starting it there was explosion on one of the boards. Anyway ordered AOE 21 inch for £50 so i wont cry after this one. Worked well for 6 years so i let it RIP

Comment

Originally posted by bel07 View Post
            After starting it there was explosion on one of the boards.
            You either probably put in the caps backwards (polarity wise) or you put the wrong cap on the wrong voltage rail.

If I were you, I would try again making sure the caps are installed properly (polarity wise) and just use 16V (going up in voltage) caps for replacements.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

If you had posted the picture I requested this might not have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                If you had posted the picture I requested this might not have happened.
                I know it was my mum inpatient at it was her monitor. She likes messing with electric devices and she was plugging it on and off all the time ..insaninty.
                Thanks for help anyway

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                  You either probably put in the caps backwards (polarity wise) or you put the wrong cap on the wrong voltage rail.

If I were you, I would try again making sure the caps are installed properly (polarity wise) and just use 16V (going up in voltage) caps for replacements.
                  Hmm this one i screwed for sure. Didn't even realize that caps have + and - ends
                  Oh well does not matter now maybe someone else will be wiser reading this.

Comment

Is there much visible damage - if just the caps and the fuse have blown up- it should be fixable with new caps providing you still have the original caps. - We can help using your original picture.

Comment

I will have closer look tomorrow as I have to leave to work soon.
                      The fuses seems actually OK but some of new caps are swallow already.. I will update you tomrrow and post original pictures

Comment

to be honest i am to lazy try to fix this one
                        Just bough led 20 inch AOc for £50 free delivery
                        Thanks for help guys

Comment

I had the same issue, blue light randomly flashes, and screen does not come back from standby. I used my monitor without screensaver or standby for a year now. I was going to replace it, since it took more than an hour the monitor to come back after a restart. I found this topic, and replaced the 5 caps at the third picture, and the 4 caps in fourth picture. Now everything works fine. I think the solution was the 4 caps at the fourth picture. So thanks for the topic I wont buy new monitor for now. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I know, that the topic is pretty old, but maybe anyone have EEPROM dump from this monitor? (Belinea 102035W). There is SOIC8 24xx EEPROM inside (on LCD panel)

Here is my topic:
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...398#post726398

Comment

I have this monitor and happy to dump EEPROM if you tell me how.

I thought I had repaired it a long time ago (replaced ballooning caps). From memory it was working ok. However went to put it back into service and have found the screen has odd diagonal type stripes comprising of maybe 3-4 5-6mm coloured linesat kinda pixel level which kinda flash along the screen (almost like an old TV just off tune to a station) also when I select settings, the bottom of the list of settings is a rectangle of coloured squares with letters in them, so kinda garbled.

I am now starting to realise I might have put capacitors in the wrong way round in terms of polarity.

Does anyone have any ideas. I can post pics of the board an can advise what ones I replaced. I not the original pics at the start of this post are no longer available so anyone with pics of how these boards should look would be of help.

Thanks

G

Comment

Do You have programmer to dump that EEPOM/FLASCH chip? For 25xx nad 24xx chips The cheapest programmer is CH341A

Comment

I don't have a programmer sorry.

Any ideas how I can check that Caps are installed correctly with regards to polarity?

Answer: the negative stripe down the side of the capacitor corresponds with a white semicircle on PCB (green type). However for Radial caps bent on side the only marking I see is a black stripe on the PCB (Beige PCB) along one side of the rectangle marking where the cap goes.

AFAICT if those markings are correct the polarities are ok. So issue is something else or might be solder mounds touching

TIA

G
                                  Last edited by Gouge; 03-01-2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                  X