Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top half of monitor is darker then bottom

Hello Everyone,
    I received a LG Flatron L1942 from a customer as a trade in on a monitor purchase.
    On the back of casing there was a burn mark due to over heating, when I opened the case up I found a very toasted power inverter board with a big cap 68uf 450v with bottom bulged out. I did a full recap except for one cap which I didn't have but tested well.

I reassembled the monitor. It works but one problem - the top of screen is a few shades darker then the bottom. I am assuming some other component is burned or not enough voltage is going to the top bulbs, but I'm not sure. Would be grateful for any help.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Top half of monitor is darker then bottom

I have come across,the same symptoms before, and had to change the Screen to resolve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
      I have come across,the same symptoms before, and had to change the Screen to resolve it.
      I connected my test monitor to the to powerboard and mainboard all is well
      your right I need a new screen.
      Thanks Rtech

Comment

Could be the upper CCFL is dimmer than the other? Does black backlit screen look uniform?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Could be the upper CCFL is dimmer than the other? Does black backlit screen look uniform?
          I agree, check the top CCFLs and the top inverter.

If you have 2 spare CCFLs, unplug one of the CCFLs on the bottom of the monitor and one on the top. Plug in your spare CCFLs in those spots and see if there is any difference in brightness. Repeat with the other 2 CCLF bulbs. If no significant difference, the top CCFLs in your monitor may be just dead or dying.

Comment

In my case the screen was split into 2 parts top being excellent and the bottom totally Black.so maybe in your case it could be CCFLs !! as the difference between the two halves is not total.

Comment

Working...
            X