Antec NEO HE550 Caps replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antec NEO HE550 Caps replacement

I have some 6 years old Antec NEO HE 550 PSU and one capacitor has bloated.
    It is OST 2200uF 6.3V.
    I'm going to replace all caps.
    Here is list of capacitors.

Antec NEO HE550 Google Spreadsheet

Most are OST, but there is few Jen Pans (JP) and one Teapo.

I found datasheets for OST RLX and RLS and Teapo, but for some capacitors I could not find values.
    For JP I could not find datasheet.

Would Panasonic FM or FR be good replacement for OST caps? Also 68uF 25V I could not find any replacement. Can I have different Voltage / Capacity instead?

How about JP and Teapo, FM or FR good choice?

References:
    RLS Datasheet
    RLX Datasheet
    Teapo datasheet

Re: Antec NEO HE550 Caps replacement

Originally posted by Bogey View Post
    I have some 6 years old Antec NEO HE 550 PSU and one capacitor has bloated.
    It is OST 2200uF 6.3V.
    I'm going to replace all caps.
    Here is list of capacitors.

Most are OST, but there is few Jen Pans (JP) and one Teapo.

I found datasheets for OST RLX and RLS and Teapo, but for some capacitors I could not find values.
    For JP I could not find datasheet.

Would Panasonic FM or FR be good replacement for OST caps? Also 68uF 25V I could not find any replacement. Can I have different Voltage / Capacity instead?

How about JP and Teapo, FM or FR good choice?

References:
    RLS Datasheet
    RLX Datasheet
    Teapo datasheet
    Fm and Fr will work fine, just be sure that you replace evey cap in the psu including the smaller ones as they are all probably internally failing and could cause the psu to fail shortly after.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Ok thanks. Which one is preferred FM or FR?

And how about that large one, 400v 390uF. Does that need to be replaced.

Comment

Wha brand is it, and fm and fr are both great caps ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Just replaced all Antec EA-380 Ost caps with Panasonic FM, FR and FC.
          Read: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44580

RLS 1000uf, 16v to EEUFR1C102L
          RLS 1000uf, 10v to EEUFM1A102L
          RLX 3300uf, 10v to EEUFM1A332
          RLX 2200uf, 16v to EEUFM1C222
          RLX 2200uf, 10v to EEUFR1A222L
          RLP 1000uf, 10v to EEUFC1A102L
          RLS 220uf, 16v to EEUFR1C221
          RLS 22uf, 50v to EEUFR1H220
          RLS 47uf, 50v to EEUFR1H470

Comment

Oh man, this is grandpa Looks like some kind of modular version of the Seasonic Super Tornado.

According to Hardware Secrets, there is NCC SMQ input cap. I would leave it there. But for 550W unit, I would myself use 3300uF caps. I can provide you with NCC KYA 3300/6,3 and Samxon RS 3300/16, both D10.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              Oh man, this is grandpa Looks like some kind of modular version of the Seasonic Super Tornado.

According to Hardware Secrets, there is NCC SMQ input cap. I would leave it there. But for 550W unit, I would myself use 3300uF caps. I can provide you with NCC KYA 3300/6,3 and Samxon RS 3300/16, both D10.
              Talking of your samxon rs I will be buying some with in the next 2 weeks

Comment

Their electrical specs are actually quite similar. FR are often physically a bit smaller for the same capacitance and voltage, so they are sometimes all that fits, but if an FM fits, it will be fine

If you need to, you could replace the 68uF 25V cap with a 68uF 50V if its any easier. Panny FC and Nichicon PW are also good options for those small caps.

by the way, where do you plan to buy your caps from? I'm pretty sure element14 and RS components will ship to Finland from the UK.
                Last edited by c_hegge; 03-04-2015, 10:39 PM.
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I ship worldwide using airmail, which is often far cheaper than courier services of these big reseller corporations…
                  Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

^
                    That is true, but I don't think you have everything he needs, though. There are a number of 2200uF 6.3V caps in there, which I haven't seen on your website. I really wouldn't recommend changing the capacitance and electrical properties of the caps too much in these Seasonic Super Silencer platform based PSUs, as they have much more picky feedback loops than some.
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Yes because I only use 3300uF caps. Why using 2200 when I have 3300 in the same package, maybe 5mm taller? Makes no reason to source extra 1000 pieces I will really "need" in 1 case of 20. And than I can still use KZN 1500 D8 with probably the same ESR as KYA/KYB in 2200 D10.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                        Wha brand is it, and fm and fr are both great caps ?
                        The large one is Nippon Chemi-Con smq 85°C

Originally posted by E8200 View Post
                        Just replaced all Antec EA-380 Ost caps with Panasonic FM, FR and FC.
                        Read: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44580
                        E8200, yes thank you, that was very good for initial research.

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                        Their electrical specs are actually quite similar. FR are often physically a bit smaller for the same capacitance and voltage, so they are sometimes all that fits, but if an FM fits, it will be fine

If you need to, you could replace the 68uF 25V cap with a 68uF 50V if its any easier. Panny FC and Nichicon PW are also good options for those small caps.

by the way, where do you plan to buy your caps from? I'm pretty sure element14 and RS components will ship to Finland from the UK.
                        FR having bit longer life time and it is cheaper so I'll get those.
                        At least Elfa has good stock, but I'll compare other shops as well.

For OST RLS 68uF 25V, would Panasonic FM 35V be OK replacement?
                        Code:
                        68uF 25V		Volts	Cap	Dia	Length	Ripple 	Impedance	Part
                        OST RLS		25	68	5	11	250	0.13		
                        Panasonic FM	35	68	6.3	11.2	455	0.13		EEUFM1V680
                        For OST RLS 220uF 16V I could not find Panasonic or Nichicon. Any of these will be suitable?
                        Code:
                        220uF 16V	Volts	Cap	Dia	Length	Ripple 	Impedance	Endurance	Part	
                        OST RLS		16	220	6.3	11	405	0.13		2000		
                        Rubycon		16	220	6.3	11	540	0.094				6ZLH220MT16.3X11	
                        Panasonic FM	25	220	8	11.5	950	0.056		3000		EEUFM1E221	
                        NIC Components	16	220	8	11.5	560	0.16				NRSZ221M16V8X11.5	
                        Jamicon		16	220	8	14	400	0.18				WGR221M1CF14VU
                        Last edited by Bogey; 03-05-2015, 04:42 AM.

Comment

I have new and shiny Rubycons YXJ 220/25 in only D6,3 mm!

Comment

But for 550W unit, I would myself use 3300uF caps. I can provide you with NCC KYA 3300/6,3 and Samxon RS 3300/16, both D10.
                            You have some webshop?

Would 3300uF handle higher loads then better? The bloated one was 6.3v 2200uF. So maybe I'll consider to replace with 3300uF. About impedance should that be about the same? Better to be lower or higher? How about ripple?
                            Last edited by Bogey; 03-05-2015, 05:03 AM.

Comment

I have a stock overview in english.

KYA 3300/6,3 has impedance of 42 miliohm, ripple 1650 mA. Could be somewhat lower (ripple current higher), I will order KYB next time, but those OST RLX are too low for my taste, those are basically ultra-low ESR caps (motherboard grade) with only 2000 hours life and who knows if they ever even had such low ESR as the datasheet says. Not sure why Seasonic used them in power supply. Maybe there was nothing better at that time…anyway, I use only these caps all the time and everything works fine so far.

If that RLX datasheet is to be believed, than I can offer KZN 3300/16 D10x40 mm with 18 mΩ and 3,6 A, they will be fine there (other supplies may oscillate with such low ESR, but if this one really was designed for MB grade caps, than it will surely be OK). Lifetime of 10000 hours@105 °C.
                              Last edited by Behemot; 03-05-2015, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I have a stock overview in english.
                                Ok, I'm checking. For these I could not find replacement:
                                OST RLX 3300uF 10V
                                OST RLS 68uF 25V
                                Jen Pan ce-tur 1000uF 6.3V

Comment

You don't need 10V caps, for lower voltages use 6,3 V and for +-12 V use 16V caps. Instead of that CEC, use KZN 1500/6,3.

Where exactly is that 68uF cap? I usually replace that with either 47, or 100uF cap, depending on what it does. It is very uncommon value.

EDIT: From Pentium4's thread there's a photo, which cap that is? If the bigger one, it does not matter, it is there to filter Vcc voltage for the stand-by rail PWM controller.
                                  Last edited by Behemot; 03-05-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Where exactly is that 68uF cap? I usually replace that with either 47, or 100uF cap, depending on what it does. It is very uncommon value.

EDIT: From Pentium4's thread there's a photo, which cap that is? if the bigger one, it odes not matter, it is there to filter Vcc voltage for the stand-by rail PWM controller.
                                    [/IMG]
                                    That is OST RLS 68uF 25V

Comment

Yeah than you can use KZM 47/35 or LXZ 100/35, both will be fine.

Comment

You don't need 10V caps, for lower voltages use 6,3 V and for +-12 V use 16V caps. Instead of that CEC, use KZN 1500/6,3.

EDIT: From Pentium4's thread
                                        That
                                        OST RLX 3300uF 10V
                                        is found in same picture in lower right corner. What should use for that?

Please check my doc if these would be ok replacement:

Yellow ones are the original, green ones replacement.
                                        Last edited by Bogey; 03-05-2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X