HP W22 lights up then goes dark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP W22 lights up then goes dark.

New user here!, I have four cfl in my view sonic, there is one cfl that seems to
    cause the others to flicker and then go out, if I unplug one that I believe is bad I
    have a bright screen but still goes out after 1-2 seconds with it unplugged , which suggest the the cfl is bad, but would simply unplugging the bad cfl allow the others to work with out shutting down after 1-2 seconds

Or must the fourth bulb be pressent and working, for it to stay on?

I did not want to buy a bulb just to see, since I already replaced cap's

Kind Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by shipwise View Post
      New user here!, I have four cfl in my view sonic, there is one cfl that seems to
      cause the others to flicker and then go out, if I unplug one that I believe is bad I
      have a bright screen but still goes out after 1-2 seconds with it unplugged , which suggest the the cfl is bad, but would simply unplugging the bad cfl allow the others to work with out shutting down after 1-2 seconds

Or must the fourth bulb be pressent and working, for it to stay on?

I did not want to buy a bulb just to see, since I already replaced cap's

Kind Regards,
      The protection circuit will shut down the backlights unless all CCFLs are connected and working properly.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hey mate, the pics on the first page looks suspicuously like my NEOVO monitor, could you please post a pic of the whole board.

Maybe I could buy a LCD with a cracked screen and save me some soldering! hehe

Comment

You would be surprised how many CCFL assemblies are interchangeable between monitors.
          If you are working on a 22” monitor look for a true 22'' screen, Not one that's 21.5 and marketed as a 22”.
          The other critical measurement is the thickness of the screen,most of the newer monitors are using a really thin screen where as some older monitors have a thick screen.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Working...
          X