Dell 1905FP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 1905FP

recently I had replaced 3 bad caps on this monitor. Now upon powering up the display looks fine, all colors are good when its displaying the powersave logo, however when I connect it to a machine ( I have a good 60 some at my disposal) the display has a pinkish hue. Any suggestions?

Re: Dell 1905FP

Weak or no green. Are you on DVI or VGA?

If the VGA video cable detachable, change the VGA cable.

Does LCD have a color adjustment menu, check there.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

It does it on both DVI and VGA, there is no color adjustment. the whole entire screen has a pink hue where i guess there should be white?

Comment

There are some LCD screens that only like 60Hz refresh from the video card.
        That's all you need anyway because LCD screens don't have flicker like CRT screens.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

The pink screened monitors were made special for women.
          Thats what the FP stands for.
          Jim

Comment

do a factory reset.
            someone set a user color temp?
            settings corrupted by bad caps?
            if the no signal/check cable makes good white its got to be a color temp setting.

Comment

So my monitor has went from "woman edition" to "demonic edition". My pda cam sucks but here is a pic of what it is doing. The dell menu shows up fine but everywhere that you see red it should be black. I've got about 60 pcs at my disposal and probably somewhere near 100+ VGA/DVI cables.
              [/IMG]

Comment

This looks like either a video board malfunction due to bad semis or a cracked solder joint or an EEPROM malfunction.

Be sure to check the harness from the LCD to the video board and make sure that it's connected securely and none of the wires in the harness are loose or not making contact.
                Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

harness is good, what gets me is that it will display its built-in menus fine but the the colors go to hell when i connect it to any machine.

Comment

The crystal control board is removeable on the glass panel if it's the LGPhilips
                    light guide screen.
                    I have that board and will send it to you for the asking.
                    I'd send the whole panel but it's deeply scratched which is why it was not fixed.
                    I just don't know if the menues are generated here. I do see seperate B G R components connecting to both ribbons by removing shield cover, 3 screws.
                    Jim

Comment

In any case this is definately a logic problem it's not on the PSU.

Either the video board or yeah that little LCD control board mounted to the display (I forgot about that one).

I've seen on the new Dell LCDs the logic board and PSU are all in one.
                      Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Working...
                      X