Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iiyama Prolight B27783QSU-B1 Model- PL2783Q - Strange Horizontal Lines on Screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iiyama Prolight B27783QSU-B1 Model- PL2783Q - Strange Horizontal Lines on Screen!

Panel No - M270DTN01

As pictured strange horizontal lines. The black lines flicker up and down jumping to new locations several times a second mainly on the left of the panel.

The white pattern behind is static. It also looks like alternative lines are missing on the left side.

The right seams ok, it fades across.

So wondering if panel or control board. Either the lcd it self or the control board across the top of it.

I have tested all electrolytic's including 3 on the main board.

Any ideas please on what to check?

I have tried re-seating all cables, cleaning LVDs cables. Hair drying everything.

Tapping for dry solder joints. Nothing seams to change what is happening.

It occurs over all menus as well and all inputs.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Iiyama Prolight B27783QSU-B1 Model- PL2783Q - Strange Horizontal Lines on Screen!

l
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Iiyama Prolight B27783QSU-B1 Model- PL2783Q - Strange Horizontal Lines on Screen!

I would try cleaning the 2 flat cables (and their 4 connectors) making sure they are well cleaned and seated when reinstalled. Be very careful as those cables are fragile.

Clean the ends with an eraser (rub from one end of the contacts to the other end, not sideways) so that they become shiny, finish off with isopropyl alcohol. Clean the connectors with folded paper dipped in alcohol. Let dry very well before reassembling to test.

If you have an ink eraser that should work better but as I said in the direction of the contacts, not sideways. Make sure they are very clean (look them over with a loupe) before reinstalling.

Report results.
      Last edited by rddube; 02-04-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

So did you try cleaning the cables AND connectors? BTW, one of the cables in Pic #5 doesn't seem to be fully seated? Also, the other connector on the same pic looks as if the soldering has corroded, which could also be a sign of the connector pins being corroded also and not making good contact.

Please advise if you are still working on it or have dropped the repair?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, got alot going on. I will have a good go at it on Saturday again with a rubber and inspect the connectors under the microscope. Although prior to this I cleaned the connectors with IPA and a cotton bud. Powering up with one connector results in a white screen like on a standard panel when the LVDS is removed,

But with just the other results in an all black screen but with the same interference in the same side of the screen but no video input. I'll do more pics labelling each. Maybe that is helpful.

Do you understand what each cable is doing? I presumed left and right half of screen but this is not the results of powering on with either one! I could not find a datasheet on the panel!

Seams both cables are required for any video to be displayed!

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Reessi,

No, I'm not sure what each cable does, but I know that once I had recapped a monitor and when I started it, the image was very weird and all over the place, which wasn't the case before the recap (see my thread on Viewsonic vx2235m monitor).

It took me quite a while and a lot of tests to find out what the problem was. Once however during my tests, the image was even weirder..only to find out that something had gotten into one of the flat cable connectors....it was a piece of the flat cable thin copper foil...so it's a good idea to inspect the cables (and the connectors) under the microscope.

Otherwise if that is not the problem, then it is either the main board or the Tcon board that has gone north. Perhaps one of the veterans here (Budm) or maybe Will62 will be able to help you further for diagnosing. You can always send them an PM.

PS - I did a search for your monitor model number but nothing comes up for b27783qsu-b1 ?? Is the model # good?
            Last edited by rddube; 02-15-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X