Trouble Identifying Enermax PSU Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Identifying Enermax PSU Caps

I recently replaced a physically broken fan on an Enermax Whisper EG365P-VE FC model PSU that has been in service for more than 4 years. I figured I might as well inspect the caps. The caps are all fine. They appear all to be made by one company. The logo appears to be one italicized script P. Can anyone make any sense of this?

Re: Trouble Identifying Enermax PSU Caps

post a pic.makes it easier to id.

Comment

Well I'm at my summer residence and I forgot my digital camera. I have a capacitence meter though. Whatever company did make these things deserves a round of applause, as I remember shorting this PSU out once when i missed the floppy connector pin by one and fried the connector off. Amazingly the PSU is alive with no internal damage whatsoever and performs better than many new cheap power supplies. You have to love Enermax.

Comment

they have overcurrent/voltage protection like many other good psu, so thatś not a special ability.... i remember i once make a fan controller circuit and plugged to a molex connector, its fried its transistor and potensiometer, the psu just shut down and still alive/usable after then...

my psu is thermaltake twv 480W APFC.

since you have tinkering with your psu, tell me how to dissamble some of it parts like the fan, board, pfc circuit, and many else coz i cant figure out how to disassemble this thing, itś super tight..

its teapo caps still fine altough its one year duty.. i want to replace it with some rubycons anyway..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by yanz; 07-08-2005, 12:07 AM.
        days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Working...
        X