Flakey Bestec ATX-250 12Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flakey Bestec ATX-250 12Z?

Hi ratdude - sorry to be so hard on you in that last post. I hope you will agree that there are some people who need to read and heed such advice. I didn't realize you are a robotics guru, so an apology is in order. I will remind you that safety glasses are important. You are probably taught that in school. Eyesight is something you just can't replace. So at home - safety first. OK?

When I started looking at computer power supplies - I had no idea that the first one I looked at would cause such an uproar. In retrospect, I would not recommend any newcomers to tackle the Bestec ATX-250 12E. It is not for novices. I didn't see that much of a problem with the '12Z. But there are many people who condemn it simply because it is Bestec. Glad you got yours up and running. I doubt it will give much trouble other than possibly needing some crap caps replaced. Keep us posted on how well (or bad) it does.
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Re: Flakey Bestec ATX-250 12Z?

oh crap:

I got an I/O error when installing. i think its the cd. like i said, the hd sounds better than the dead clone (sounded like one from 92, with all the whine). the cd might have been scratched/defective. off to burn another, will test again soon.

i NEVER run power supplies with the lid off. i ALWAYS make sure the caps are run down (jumpered on with fan attached, with no power cord, run until fan stops) before i open them.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
      X