YueLin rebuild blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YueLin rebuild blowing fuse

I got a YueLin psu for free from my friend, and this is the same psu from the bargain basement roundup on jonnyguru that did 350W or so, but with a little smaller transformer and smaller heatsinks.

He said it worked before he got rid of it. I started putting transient filter components into it, 2 X caps, a coil, 2 Y caps, replaced the main Canicon caps 200v 470uf with UCC 200v 680uf's. I also replaced the smaller bridge rectifier it had in it to a larger one from a old CWT Antec 400w (don't worry, it had the connectors all cut off of it so it was useless) He did the mod to get rid of the voltage selector switch, tie the wires going to it together to make it stuck on 115v, which is the voltage that I run of coarse being in the US so no problem there.

Anyways, I plugged it in to test it, and hooked up a hard drive for a little load. I went to check the 5vsb voltage, and there was nothing. I checked the end of the power cord, it has 123v going to it, I checked the connector to the psu's pcb from the receptacle, it has 123v going to it (I had to solder the wires together to adapt it to this bestec case,) I looked at the fuse, and it was blown. Dang. So I figured I might have put the coil in wrong, so I took out the first X cap, and checked. First I got 3.56ohms, but it goes up to 3.7 or so. I have another identical yuelin psu he also gave me, it reads 6.68 in the first X cap spot, and it dosen't have anything but two little cheap Y caps for the input filter, the coil is just two jumper wires.

Re: YueLin rebuild blowing fuse

Can you post pictures of your power supply?

Also check for any shorts.
    My gaming PC:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
    ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
    PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
    G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
    WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
    ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
    Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
    Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Re: YueLin rebuild blowing fuse

Maybe the fuse was blown before, I don't know. I took out the X caps, and put the original Y caps back in, left in the coil, and replaced the fuse with the one from the other YueLin, and it fired right up.

I don't know whats up with the soldering on this thing, but it is super easy to take apart. I replaced the primary silicon with the primary silicon from that 400W CWT antec, and it runs good. Now to replace the secondary side silicon and the transformer. The transformer came right out of the other yuelin, as well as the secondary side.
      Last edited by 370forlife; 08-24-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X