Ps3 shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 shutting down

Hello All, ps 3 will power on from red to green , then shut down in less than 7seconds, the last time it was used, it was working fine till now. Any help please

Re: Ps3 shutting down

Could use a little more details, like full model number of the PS3.

If it's a "phat" one, issue could be the GPU, the PSU (particularly if it has a Nichicon-made PSU), or those NEC-Tokin caps (which many of the "phat" PS3's do.)

Sometimes, those "phat" PS3's also like to blow a fuse on the board, but I've only seen that once. Most other times, it would be one of the failures listed above.

By the way, does the fan turn? If I remember correctly, a dead fan can also cause a boot issue too.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

By the way, does the fan turn? If I remember correctly, a dead fan can also cause a boot issue too.
      A dead fan will probably just trigger the "PS3 overheated, turn off and let it cool down" message and then power off shortly after.

To OP - as momaka said, post the model number. I may be able to help too. (have fixed and modded 6 PS3s so far, including 90nm phats)
      Main rig:
      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
      16GB DDR3-1600
      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
      Delux MG760 case

Comment

so what goes wrong with the nichi psu's ??

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          so what goes wrong with the nichi psu's ??
          They usually overheat and burnout. Sometimes it's the secondary-side synchronous rectifiers, other times the primary-side switch transistors. And sometimes, it's neither of these and the SMD ICs and driver transistors on the bottom have huge scorch marks around them.

I have a box of 5 or 6 of these faulty Nichicon PSUs. Came from a batch of 30 or so PS3s with Nichicon PSUs. The PS3s with the Sony PSUs, I've never seen one go bad, or have scorch marks on its PCB. The Nichicon PSUs, on the other hand - even the working ones tend to have those scorch marks. I think Nichicon just didn't do that great of a thermal design on them. Efficiency-wise, I think (or rather hope) that the Sony and Nichi PSUs should be equivalent. But I never had the means to measure them, so I can't say if that's true or not.

Comment

Hi i have the same issue as hispeck,model number is CECHK04,could someone help with psu schematic to test board

Comment

Working...
            X