Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC7071 Lenovo PSU

Good morning,
    I have a pc7071 lenovo desktop psu that when i short the 4-5 pin and REMOVE the power cord it powers up for a while. when i plug in the power cord it stops. All caps looking good.
    I have a little experience with PSU's. Any idea will be welcomed .
    thnks in advance!

Last edited by Ariox; 06-26-2020, 02:54 AM.

Re: PC7071 Lenovo PSU

Look for any burned or damaged parts and swollen capacitors.Take some clearer,close up pictures
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I don't see anything burned. The caps looking good.
      When i put the cord on, then remove it, and then short the pins, it powers on for a while and i have 3,3v 5v, and 12v.

Comment

The power supply may be turning off because of OCP (Over Current Protection) / SCP (Short Circuit Protection) / OPP (Over Power Protection). There could be a short on the motherboard that the power supply is detecting. So have you tried using the power supply to power a different motherboard ? (may not be realistic if the power supply uses a proprietary connector).

In your pictures some of the capacitors look a little buldged on the top like the 4 tall ones with K bungs (probably rubycon capacitors). But your pictures are pretty bad so hard to tell.
        Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Working...
        X