Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deer DR-250ATX Power Supply

Originally posted by linuxguru
    Are those Rulies or Rubies on the secondary filters? Those K-vents look like original Rubies.
    probably rulycons in that hunk of crap!
    look like rubycon vents though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod
      Attached are pics of mine. It doesnt look like bad caps, but you can see the burnt spot on the board of the power supply.
      Same problem with a Deer 250W power supply I have sitting around. It came with the case for the first PC I built, which was a K6-2 450 mhz with Soyo SY-5EMA+ motherboard back in December, 2000. Then in July, 2001, I still used the same case and power supply after upgrading to an Athlon T-bird 900 mhz and Soyo SY-K7VTA-B motherboard. The power supply was being used until at least July, 2002. I then stopped using it July, 2002, not because it failed. Because I required at least a 300W power supply, because I upgraded to an Athlon T-bird 1.3 ghz processor.

So I gotten a PowMax 300W power supply back in July, 2002 and was in use until at least July, 2003, which was when I gotten an Athlon XP 2000+ and another motherboard. I stopped using the PowMax 300W power supply not because it failed. Because it started squealing. It wouldn't shut up.

Thus eventually, I salvaged fans from it, cut the wires then threw it away. I still have the Deer 250W power supply.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I had one of these Deer units once upon a time. After I pulled it from service (every last Rulycon cap on the secondary side was bulging and leaking), I tried an experiment. The Vent 470's on the primary side looked ok, so I pulled them out of there and swapped them into a 25 year old Hitachi TV set to replace the huge ancient 470's in its power supply. The TV couldn't hold the picture steady at all after that. Swapped the old monsters back in, and all was well. There really is nothing but the fan actually useful in a Deer unit

Comment

Originally posted by Oklahoma Wolf
          I had one of these Deer units once upon a time. After I pulled it from service (every last Rulycon cap on the secondary side was bulging and leaking), I tried an experiment. The Vent 470's on the primary side looked ok, so I pulled them out of there and swapped them into a 25 year old Hitachi TV set to replace the huge ancient 470's in its power supply. The TV couldn't hold the picture steady at all after that. Swapped the old monsters back in, and all was well. There really is nothing but the fan actually useful in a Deer unit
          The fans are very weak. Somebody gave me a fan that came from a Deer PSU. I powered the fan up, 12V DC, but the fan acted like if it was powered by a lower voltage, like 6 or 8V DC.
          My gaming PC:
          AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
          ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
          PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
          G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
          TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
          WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
          ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
          Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
          Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
          Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
          Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

That they are - I ended up giving mine to a friend. In the end, the only thing I kept from the Deer was the ATX connector and some of the wiring.

Comment

Working...
            X