Fsp300-60bt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fsp300-60bt

I have this really heavy PSU from Fortron, and one of its electroytic cap - Fuhjyyu 2200uf10v is bloating.

There are other Fuhjyyu caps, namely 4700uf10v (2 pcs) and a few Teapos. None are bloating, but I'm looking at replacing all Fuhjyyu caps too.

How do I discharge the PSU easily? It was disconnected from the mains for about 3 weeks already, but I'm unsure whether there are still electric charges present.

Re: Fsp300-60bt

Well-designed power supplies include high-resistance bleeder resistors, so that they don't add significant load to the circuit, yet safely discharge the capacitors when the power supply is not connected to the mains. If yours doesn't have them (and you can't tell without opening the supply), the safest thing to do is assume that it doesn't, use *extreme* care when opening the PSU case (to avoid an inadvertent electric shock), then discharge each capacitor by temporarily connecting a 10K, 1/2W resistor across its leads (about 30 seconds each). Your biggest concern are the large, low-value, high-voltage main filter caps (e.g, 200uF, 200V). To determine how long to leave the resistor connected, take the resistance in K (in this case, 10) times the capacitance in uF (in this case, 200) divided by 1000 to get the time constant (2 seconds). You need to leave the resistor connected for at least 5 time constants (in this case, 10 seconds). The smaller, higher-value capacitors (1000uF, 1500uF, etc.) will take longer to discharge, but don't have as high a voltage on them. For them, you can safely use a 1K resistor.

Comment

Working...
    X