Standard wire pattern for lcds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard wire pattern for lcds?

Guys, on lcds with screen connectors with four plugs, eight wires, is there a standard order like, from the bottom, Black, Blue; White, Pink; White, Pink; Black, Blue. Asking because I had an HP 1702 apart today, had it working properly; but after I put it back together the backlights go out, though it stays green and the image is still there. Can't think of anything else but maybe have a light plug wrong. The order above is what I have now; can't be sure it's what I had when it was working.

Re: Standard wire pattern for lcds?

No standard order that I'm aware of... but as long as the high voltage (thicker)/return (thinner) wires are in the proper places then the ordering should not matter. Check to see if you've bent any pins on the socket side while putting the connector back in place, this is pretty common.

Comment

There should be no special wiring order. Is there was, the manufacturer probably would have "keyed" the connectors so that they only fit in specific sockets.

Why did you take apart in the first place?

Could possibly be a bad inverter transformer , CCFL tube(s) or the wiring in question.

Comment

Thanks for the replys, guys. It was a freak deal: it wasn't working, I took it apart and couldn't find anything obvious like caps, checked the backlights with another good set which did what it had been doing_came on briefly then went out. But then when I reconnected the original screen it started working properly; I even ran it off a laptop for an hour or so. So I reassembled it. Now the test pattern only comes up, then the backlights go out but the power button stays green and the test pattern is still there. All eight wires are the same size, but the connectors can be flipped over to change the order and I suspect that's what I did.

Comment

Is this "test pattern" something that always appears when you first start the monitor? I take it that if you hook up your pc or laptop to the monitor, then the desktop image will show instead of the test pattern?

Does it still have the original caps? I think it's time to take it apart and post some good closeup photos of the entire top and bottom of the power and logic boards.

Comment

Just hooked this crazy thing up to the laptop again and now it's working again. It's not disassembled but is out of the shell. I'll try putting it back in the shell again later and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X