Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista or Vistrash?

Originally posted by Someone who sall not be named
    there is nothing wrong with vista. it was a decent operating system!
    Personally, I hated windows vista (hence the reason for calling it vistrash). It uses WWWAAAAAYYYY too much memory, as it needs a minimum of 2GB before it runs smoothly, I HATE the UAC prompts whenever you try to run a program, and the windows firewall blocks the windows updates.

What do you think? Did you hate vista or did you like it (like whoever it is in my quote)?
    Vistrash (I hate it)
    0%
    Vista (I like it)
    0%
    Other
    0%
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Re: Vista or Vistrash?

who dosen't hate vista? I've never had a computer with it on it, but i've had to reload several customers computers with it on, and 'upgrade' to xp or 7 from several customers computers too
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Vista was a resource hog yes. But if you had a system that was strong enough to run it, it was not a bad OS at all.

I actually enjoyed using it, Yes I am easily impressed with unnecessary eye candy.
      I got a kick out of dreamscene, the looped video wallpaper.

I think it got a bad rap out of the gate, because MS specs were too low, and manufacturers ran with them. In the initial sales you saw many Vista basic laptops being sold with 512 mb of RAM. No small wonder people hated it.

Comment

dumped out on the market way before it was ready in the name of getting something out there.every box i have seen vista on was SSLLLOOOOOOWWWWW!
        xp was an upgrade.upgraded many a system.
        when a quad core with 4 gigs of ram drags its ass you know the os has issues!

Comment

it was cool because of media center until SP2. MS took a dump on vista with SP2, making it worse than it already was.

Comment

Vista is rather unusable no matter how fast your machine is. UAC is the best.

Deletes file from desktop....
            Do you want to, are you sure, requires administrative rights, click yes...

Wait 10 minutes to delete 50MB of files.
            Watch it error at the end on 1 file and undo the whole operation.

THIS is why vista sucked.

Comment

vista sucked, I don't like 7 any better. Still using XP and have no plans to change.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
              http://folding.stanford.edu/
              Team : 49813
              Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

I had no complaints with Vista 64 or Windows 7. 32-bit Vista sucked indeed. 64 ran well from the beginning. And i dunno what's wrong with SP2 for Vista because mine still runs the same - great. My main computer still runs Vista because it's FULL of stuff and i have no time to upgrade it to 7 because i like clean installs and i'd have to reinstall everything the way it was.

So what if the UAC bothers you? TURN IT OFF. In Windows 7 they even added a slider to control the level of annoyance. And disabling it doesn't even require a restart anymore.
                Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Windows 7 was what Vista was supposed to be, Vista felt like a sort of cron job on top of XP whereas 7 felt new and polished. Topcat, How long does XP have support for? I think it's 2015 or something so safe there. After that, well, you'll have to hope ReactOS is finished enough to replace XP or switch to Ubuntu or something.

Don't hold out for Windows 8, they're packing all that cloud garbage into it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Vista. Like any other OS, you have to tweak a few things to make it do what you want. UAC absolutely sucks, but it's easy enough to turn off.
                    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

vista is a huge piece of shit even considering its few good atributes. (IMO)

i wish i could have 'upgraded' all the vista desktops that i manage to xp, that was ok to me...

peace.
                      Last edited by MXM; 02-14-2011, 02:07 PM.
                      We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

I really haven't had much of a problem at all with vista business 64bit on my computer. It starts up quick, it's pretty responsive. I'm not complaining.

Comment

My laptop has Vista 64. Its not bad, but I do find myself trying to do things (like I do in XP) and it keeps popping up with "do you really want to do this??" or...the one that pisses me off..."you can't do that because we are smarter than you and you really don't want to do it". BUT...for what little I do on the laptop, it's fine.

Now...I just upgraded my early C2Quad....8GB ram and put Win7Pro on it. Its taking some getting used to, but its coming along. I just don't care for the balloony goosh goosh look of things. I like the classic windows look.

That said....I might put Win7 on the laptop and add another 4 GB of RAM...simply because I'm a weirdo.

My other C2Quad is running XP64. Honestly...I wanted it to be my HTPC, but never got around to it. Still don't know what I'll do with it. It collects dust right now.
                          "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
                          AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

This system is piece of shit. Well as for 7, now it just annoys me, I'll see later. Does it still refuse to boot when you compres system volume like in Vista?
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                              So what if the UAC bothers you? TURN IT OFF.
                              But then it nags you on every boot up to turn it back on
                              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hey, 7 IS vista!

Vista was win7 PRE-alpha, 7 is just below beta in my book. Only the dumbass sheep who believe billy n company think 7 is ->NEW<-, ->GROUNDBREAKING<-, and ->A COMPLETE REWRITE<-. Oh yeah, you stupid fools?! Then how come you can use vistrash drivers on 7 and vice versa? 'Completely new kernel' my ass.

Do any of you just LOVE how you can't even search for files and even LOOK in certain directories unless you 'play around' with things?

We're sorry. It has come to our attention that the files in \desktop are 'copyright material.' We will now play commie hardass and delete them- never mind that they were FALSE POSITIVES. Run along now and have a nice day. I'd be lying if this didn't actually happen.

No, billy. Take your piss poor attempt at ripping off crapple's OSX and go directly to jail. Do not collect $200.

My 'puter goes out in a blaze of glory before I run that shit. XP pro SP3 FTW.

-Paul
                                "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                                Originally posted by shango066
                                All style and no substance.
                                Originally posted by smashstuff30
                                guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                                guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
                                  Hey, 7 IS vista!

Vista was win7 PRE-alpha, 7 is just below beta in my book. Only the dumbass sheep who believe billy n company think 7 is ->NEW<-, ->GROUNDBREAKING<-, and ->A COMPLETE REWRITE<-. Oh yeah, you stupid fools?! Then how come you can use vistrash drivers on 7 and vice versa? 'Completely new kernel' my ass.

Do any of you just LOVE how you can't even search for files and even LOOK in certain directories unless you 'play around' with things?

We're sorry. It has come to our attention that the files in \desktop are 'copyright material.' We will now play commie hardass and delete them- never mind that they were FALSE POSITIVES. Run along now and have a nice day. I'd be lying if this didn't actually happen.

No, billy. Take your piss poor attempt at ripping off crapple's OSX and go directly to jail. Do not collect $200.

My 'puter goes out in a blaze of glory before I run that shit. XP pro SP3 FTW.

-Paul
                                  i've never had that problem searching.... u sure u know how to type stuff in?

just messin with yeah. i do have problems searching in XP, though.

honestly XP sucks pretty bad. Win2000 FTW.

I sort of use win7; I actually use WinServer2008R2, so its a lot more lightweight. it's amazing for audio production... no lag ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Rulycat View Post
                                    Windows 7 was what Vista was supposed to be, Vista felt like a sort of cron job on top of XP whereas 7 felt new and polished. Topcat, How long does XP have support for? I think it's 2015 or something so safe there. After that, well, you'll have to hope ReactOS is finished enough to replace XP or switch to Ubuntu or something.

Don't hold out for Windows 8, they're packing all that cloud garbage into it.
                                    2014 to be precise.
                                    My Computer.
                                    AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
                                    Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
                                    Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
                                    500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
                                    1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
                                    2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

I switched to Arch Linux, so far it's good. Finally no M$ trash. Now I'll have 7 just for some gaming (if there will be time).
                                      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                                      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I never really cared for vista plus i still dont have a duel core system so i am still useing Windows XP.
                                        My Computer.
                                        AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
                                        Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
                                        Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
                                        500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
                                        1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
                                        2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Working...
                                        X