Another good day, and only spent 57 dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another good day, and only spent 57 dollars

Well, it has been a long day, but a good one for me. I went to the local recycler and got 2 HDTV's, a Laptop, and a old lcd monitor.

The first tv was a Samsung 19", for 15 dollars. It ended up with 5 bad caps, nice little tv with HDMI.

Second tv is a Sharp LC-26sh10u for 20 dollars, and that was a little bit of work to fix. I could not find crap about the inverter online. but I did all the pinout stuff, and tested the fuses for the 24 volt and they were good, but I still would get no high voltage output. So I just keeped at it, then there it was a real small fuse for the 3 volt side, that was dead.

The Laptop for 20 dollars, was a Compaq V6000 (same problems as the DV6000, 9000, and 2000) bad video. So that was a easy fix, and already have a friend wanting it.

Never even looked at the old lcd monitor, it is white so it is parts to me.

PS also replaced 2 usb ports on a emachine, reloaded a Gateway 7324, and repaired a Compaq F500 all on a Day off work. What the Heck.
    Last edited by dobber; 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM.

Re: Another good day, and only spent 57 dollars

What a bargain of a day!
    ( wish I had a mate like you )

Awesome work!
    it's Michael Hockley actually... my parents have a sense of humor.

Comment

For the compaq v6000 video problem. Is that the model with the NVidia chip that runs too hot and eventually separates from the circuit board? If so, what method did you use to reheat the solder to rebond the video chip to the board?

Comment

Yes it is the same board as the DV6000. I have done many of them, by using my heat torch, and also have used hot air guns. Not the best way to repair them, but I cant afford a 2500 dollar ultra viliolt light to remove the chip and replace the cheap tin soulder on them. I just lightly put some pressure on them as I heat them. then update the bios to the newest version, and add a copper shim that folds up and around the heat pipe. I have been working on a full copper fined heat sync for the dv2000, but I need to get it to the cnc machine to be cut out to fit the heat pipe. Also the best thing to tell anybody about them is to make sure your airflow does not get plugged, and get a battery that lifts the back of the laptop up off the desk.
        Last edited by dobber; 04-01-2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the info. I'm going to have to start visiting my local recycler!

Comment

Working...
          X