FZ83 6.3v 1500 replace with 6.3 2700uF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FZ83 6.3v 1500 replace with 6.3 2700uF

can I use a 6.3v 2700uF from an Xbox360 and replace a 6.3v 1500 from a vga?

Re: FZ83 6.3v 1500 replace with 6.3 2700uF

what series is the 2700?
    it will be a bit tall.

Comment

He wants to use Rubycon MFZ to replace Sacon FZ.

No.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

so it wont work?

Comment

There's no guarantees when you change capacitance that much. It might work, it might not work, it might damage other components, etc. It's also not a good idea to reuse capacitors unless you know the voltage of the circuit it was on, as capacitors reform to a lower voltage if used on a lower voltage circuit.

Your best bet is to use the correct replacement. Here is one option:
          https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=40

There are other options from other vendors as well. When selecting your replacement, make sure that it has at least 1800 mA of ripple handling ability and 22 mOhms or less ESR. Those are the specifications of the original capacitor, and you want your replacement to meet or exceed them.

Comment

MCZ is not the correct replacement, MBZ is closer to it. Samxon GD will also work.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

I wouldn't use much more then a 6.3 1800.

Comment

Originally posted by LinsonChan View Post
                so it wont work?
                No, it will probably work just fine.
                It all comes down to how you want to do it.
                If this card is important to you and you definitely want to get it working properly, then buy the right caps.
                Otherwise, if you don't really give a crap about the video card that much and just want see some results, put those MFZ caps and let it rip. As yyonline said, though - there's no guarantees. Most likely it will work fine, though. Almost anything should be better than those Sacon FZ caps.
                Last edited by momaka; 01-18-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                  MCZ is not the correct replacement, MBZ is closer to it. Samxon GD will also work.
                  MBZ works as a replacement for 8mm FZ. 10mm FZ is another story.

6.3V 1500uF MBZ does not have enough ripple handling ability to replace 10x12.5mm FZ (1540mA for MBZ, 1800mA for FZ). Besides that, they don't really exist anymore in new stock.

GD still exist, but are identical in specs to MBZ...so not enough ripple there either.

Samxon GC is between MBZ and MCZ spec-wise, and is a near perfect match in 10x12.5 (1760mA...2% off from 10x12.5 FZ). But...Topcat carries 6.3 1500uF GC in 10x16, which is tall enough that it may cause interference with cards in adjacent slots if they're populated. The larger GCs specs are even further off than the MCZ is to FZ due to the larger can size (2280mA for the taller GC vs. 1800mA for FZ)...

I use MCZ to replace FZ all the time. MCZ is rated slightly better than FZ (1960mA for MCZ, 1800mA for FZ), but the 9% difference certainly isn't drastic enough to cause any issues.

Comment

Hmmm... But that particular Rubycon is also at least 16mm tall, so the 16mm GC should fit.

I guess he can mismatch the ESR if it is going to give him better ripple suppression.

Comment

What the heck, local electronics shop told me that they could not get 6.3v 1800ufs, Discontinued. Wow, I get lots of them that are bad.

Comment

The choices now are Samxon, Nichicon, and Suncon[Sanyo].
                        err,,,, at least in the commonly seen brands.
                        Suncons best series is WG which is a match to MBZ.
                        To get lower ESR you are stuck with Nichicon and Samxon.

NIC Components might have something but I've never seen their products for sale except on eBay from dealers I don't trust.
                        Mann-Made Global Warming.
                        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                        -

Comment

I'm sorry but to say there is any resemblance of Sacon FZ and their datasheets numbers is just pulling a long one.
                          In any ordinary case, then yes, it would be important to choose appropriate caps

But in the case where a card has a Sacon FZ, and works anything at all as it should. Then it for sure means this card is not picky about ESR, Ripple or Capacitance

Let's just say for a "normal" capcitor I would stay within 20% of most values, and certainly only in the "better" direction (i.e. higher capacitance & ripple, lower ESR)
                          But when it comes to Sacon and the total utter crap they produce I think a ripe orange fruit would offer better specifications!
                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by dobber View Post
                            What the heck, local electronics shop told me that they could not get 6.3v 1800ufs, Discontinued. Wow, I get lots of them that are bad.
                            Sacon FZ never came in 1800uF...

1800uF are still available from badcaps.net store and mouser.com in the USA.

Comment

@PCBONEZ, you missed panny. These would work too to replace 1500uF FZ caps (I know this seller, they ARE genuine).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6-Panasonic-F...item439ab3cda9
                              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

c_hegge

He may have sent you genuine merchandise, but there is such a thing as a selective scammer. I would not buy caps from China period. Except from Big Joe.

Also I want to point out that I have seen Panasonic FC fakes that were very difficult to tell apart from the genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                                  I'm sorry but to say there is any resemblance of Sacon FZ and their datasheets numbers is just pulling a long one.
                                  In any ordinary case, then yes, it would be important to choose appropriate caps

But in the case where a card has a Sacon FZ, and works anything at all as it should. Then it for sure means this card is not picky about ESR, Ripple or Capacitance

Let's just say for a "normal" capcitor I would stay within 20% of most values, and certainly only in the "better" direction (i.e. higher capacitance & ripple, lower ESR)
                                  But when it comes to Sacon and the total utter crap they produce I think a ripe orange fruit would offer better specifications!
                                  You're probably right however the caps are chosen for an application based on their advertised specs.
                                  If you want to ensure the device works as the designer intended it to it is best to choose caps that have specs at least as good as the specs for what you found there, even if the quality is crap..
                                  Some of the FZ have specs better than MBZ.

-
                                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                  -
                                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                  -

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                    @PCBONEZ, you missed panny.
                                    Yes I did... - Thanks.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                    -
                                    -

Comment

Working...
                                    X