Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC-26D40U display issue

Greetings-

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-26D40U purchased new in December 2007 (warranty expired). Recently it began this: When turned on, the picture is fine and everything operates as it should. After a few minutes, the screen begins acting up as seen in the photos below. At first, if you turn it off for a few minutes and then turn back on, the screen returns to normal until it warms back up again. Obviously something heat related.

With the nature of the problem, I suspected and replaced the T-CON board, but that didn't work. I also cleaned and tightened all ribbon cables and their connections. Mainboard?

This happens regardless of input selected. If the menu is selected, it is also distorted.

(BTW- all other artifacts on screen only show up in photo. Not actually there)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

David
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dbritton14; 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM. Reason: additional info.

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-26D40U display issue

Could be a few things, but I would say start at the video board becouse it does not seem to be consistant. I would look for caps that are going bad, or overheating logic chip. I would also check thecable going to the screen from it. and last it may be a bad screen, but it should do that all the time if it was, and flexing it would make it better or worse depending.

Comment

Could you clarify what mean by "Video Board"? Aside from the T-con the only other boards are the scaler, the input board, the mainboard and the inverters.

Comment

I think Tab Bonds that run along the top of the LCD panel is lose
        check this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1173106
        check Posts: 27 by OnlyTono his had picture & step by step to fix you problem

Comment

hoadle-

You were exactly right! I did as the thread instructed and it worked like a charm!

Thanks sincerely for your help.

Comment

Instead of somone looking for the answer to this problem and then being re-directed to a site that may not be still up, I am posting the post where the answer was found. Below -

"If you have found a way to re-bond the tabs without using a 1.5 million dollar tab bonding machine please share. I'm not trying to be funny here. If there is a way to do it I would like to know. You can bang on the edge of an LCD panel and sometimes make the tab re-connect (or make more open connections in the process) but I am sure that it will come back."

"Ya I know - I was skeptical as well.

Basically the fix involves using some "bumpons" along the top and edges of the tabs that have gone bad which puts some slight pressure on them. The trick is getting them in the right positions so that they manipulate the tab in just the right way and allow the connections to be re-made.

It may not be a perfect solution, but so far the TV I fixed is holding strong and it certainly beats trashing the TV."
            The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

For people who don't know (myself included) what a bumpon is, look at the sample photo. I called them "rubber feet". I think I'll give it a try on my laptop that has a single vertical line showing on the screen.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jetadm123; 04-04-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbritton14 View Post
                hoadle-

You were exactly right! I did as the thread instructed and it worked like a charm!

Thanks sincerely for your help.
                No problem If I know some thing I will pot to hepl some one save money & earth

Comment

I just online find some thing help T/S
                  1/ MAX PRO FR BLOW OFF FREEZE SPRAY $5.66
                  LOWERS COMPONENT TEMPERATURE TO -65F; COOLS COMPONENTS TO TEST INTERMITTENT FAULTS; DETECTS DEFECTIVE TRANSISTORS, CAPACITORS, ICS & OTHER COMPONENTS; PROTECTS COMPONENTS DURING SOLDERING; EVAPORATES FAST, LEAVES NO RESIDUE & IS ANTI-STATIC; 10 OZ

http://www.districtelectronics.com/m..._store=default

2/ WIRE GLUE $4.95
                  Soldering Gun in a Jar Wire glue-the solution when you can't find the soldering iron, don't want to bother, are out in the woods, don't quite trust a fifth-grader with a hot gun, can't reach the connection with both hands, whatever. This stuff conducts low voltage AC and DC circuits in a permanent bond and is easy to use. Our high-tech support group suggests that a toothpick is a good way to apply it. Cures overnight. Our each is a 0.3 oz/9ml jar.
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...RD9YSYWJNTQERY

#1 help find DEFECTIVE area & second glue the tabs bond

Comment

Working...
                  X