vizio 50 hdtv 20a have sound no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vizio 50 hdtv 20a have sound no picture

hello to all i have a 50 vizio hdtv 20a no picture but sound works black screen looking for some help to troubleshoot thanks

Re: vizio 50 hdtv 20a have sound no picture

check for burnt fuses on the invertor.

Comment

not sure which one is the inverter i did see several fuses they look like auto fuses but they are not. i put a multi meter to buzzer to check continuity and they all checked outand made the meter buzz. what should i do next /

Comment

Do a visual inspection for swollen caps, burned/overheated components, etc (especially on the power supply and inverter). Also check the fuse(s) on the tcon. The attached image will show you where the tcon is located.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is the exact model number of the TV? There is no Vizio 50 HDTV 20A; there are Vizio VP50 HDTV20A and P50 HDTV20A and they are plasma TVs.

Odds are you've got a shorted buffer(s) and blown Y-Sustain.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

My fault...forget what I said if it's a plasma TV

Comment

it is a vp50 hdtv20a

Comment

i need a diagram of the set i dont know which one is the inverter or the other componets

Comment

I second bill's motion. y buffers and maybe y drive.
                  check out my previous post.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=vp50hdtv20a

Comment

I WOULD BUT IT,S HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WHAT. i am a hands on guy but this stuff is all new to me the model is a s50hw-ydo2 i could not find the y sustain or the buffers not sure of the location i pulled some numbers off some of the boards this is what i have seen lj92 01500a / lj44 00132b / lj41 o5121a and 05122a / lj41 05170a and several other numbers any help with part numbers would be grateful sorry for bugging you guys .

Comment

You can usually plug those part numbers in Google to identify them...

lj44 00132b - power supply
                      lj92 01500a - z sus
                      lj41 05121a - y buffer
                      lj41 05122a - lower y buffer
                      lj41 05170a - interface board

Here's a general troubleshooting procedure:
                      Unplug TV, wait 5 minutes. Disconnect power cable from Y-Sus. Plug in TV and turn on. If it turns off by itself, the Y-Sus is not the problem. Unplug TV, wait 5 minutes, reconnect the power cable to the Y-Sus, disconnect the power cable from the Z-sus. Plug in TV and turn on. If it turns off by itself, it's not the Z-sus. Unplug TV. Wait 5 minutes, reconnect power cable to the Z-sus. Disconnect power cable to the X-card. Plug in TV and turn on. If it turns off by itself, replace the power supply.
                      Last edited by daimoku; 04-04-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Substitute "if it turns off by itself" for "if the screen stays black"

Comment

do you have consistant voltage to all the transformers on the inverer board? and if you do, is there high votage coming out of all of them? if not I would check for issues with your low voltage signal, usely about 3 volts or so.

Comment

Originally posted by gregory lathrop View Post
                            i need a diagram of the set i dont know which one is the inverter or the other componets
                            It's been said many times, many ways; "A picture is worth 1000 words". Take a picture (as close to 2000 x 2000 pixels as practical) of the back of the TV (with the cover removed) and attach it (using 'Manage Attachments' below the text entry area) to your next post. It then becomes easy for us to label the various boards.

PlainBill
                            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

i will get a few pics up tonight thanks for all the help keep it coming .

Comment

i found the y and the z but what is a x card

Comment

hey guys took pictures but for some reason they wont upload i will try tomorrow states security key i even when to a different browser still no go i know where the y sustain and buffers are now i have to figure out how to test then i dont want to start swaping in new parts
                                  Last edited by gregory lathrop; 04-04-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

ok just did a couple of tests on the vp50hdtv20a disconnected the lj41 04217a y sus and turned the tv on it stayed on but part lj41 0422a had 3 lights one on all the time one came on for 5 seconds or so then went out and a thrid just just kept blinking shut off power waited 5 minutes connected y sus back disconnected z sus plugged vp50 back in tuned on same with the lights then the burning smell just enough it was coming from the lj41 04127a so what be be the next step to replace the y sus and both buffers or just the y sus and where can i find the quality parts at a fair price i dont want used from craigslist or ebay any ideas again thank you all for your help. matt

Comment

your best bet is ebay for instance http://cgi.ebay.com/3Pcs-LJ41-04217A...item25627e0df2
                                      remember new 50" plasma's are $500.00

Comment

there is firm here in calif they take your board and repair or exchange it for a working board and they test both buffers for free the cost is $89.00 for a refurbished y sus
                                        Last edited by gregory lathrop; 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X