DV2000 no light on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV2000 no light on screen

I Hav Problem with 2 Dv2000 Laptop same problem I Change the inverter and screen to but nothing always no light Problem in the motherboard
    Any one can Help Please
    Thanks

Re: DV2000 no light on screen

I suppose it is a AMD Proccessor with nvidea video chip. If it does, the Video Processor is the issue, and will need reflowed or reballed.

Comment

You should also check the video ribbon cable, as the video signal and inverter power runs through them. They can sometimes go bad from too much flexing when opening and closing the laptop lid.

Comment

Main problem of some DV-series is the GPU. Some nVidia GPU's has problem that nVidia made faulty series of GPU's installed on some laptops mobo's. Reballing with no-lead balls solving the problem for a while. On faulty chip some connections pad separating from the ball and makes crack between chip pad and mobo pad. Best choice is replacing GPU witn new one with better pads.

I'd like to say Hello for everyone. It's my first message on this forum , I'm new here.
        And sorry for my english , I'm from Poland.
        Laptops and computers repair.

Comment

Hello All
          The problem is in the motherboard bi cos laptop is working fine just no light on screen like inverter problem i see hp logo but light is bad

Thanks

Comment

Notice
            LCD screen has no light (everything else OK) I Check inverter 6pins
            pins1-2 nothing pins 3-4 3.3vcc pins 5-6 19vcc

Comment

Looks like cold cathode (CCFL) died. If you got frequency range in your multimeter put piece of paper between measuring pins (stick them together with piece of paper between) , set up multimeter on "Hz" range , put measuring pins close to inverter (do not touch anything) and turn on laptop . If frequency will be shown around 60kHz then inverter is ok. If the CCFL is dead inverter will be work only in first 2-3 sec after you turned on laptop.

Comment

I have replace both the lcd & inverter but the samme problem a Friend tell me is an mb but i dont know it Thanks

Comment

What about external monitor?
                  LCD panel is directly driving by graphic chip so this might be a problem. Try to reflow it (or heat it up) , if this will help you need to replace graphic chip. You got nVidia G72M-V G3-64.

Comment

im sure is not the graphic chip i hav already reball it big problem

Comment

But external monitor is working ok?
                      Well , reballing doesn't help in some situations. nVidia made series of faulty chips that have bad pads (lead-free balls can't stick to them). You can reball them only with balls containing lead. But best choice is to replace graphic chip. If you got schematic track all way that is between graphic chip and LCD or power source and LCD.

Comment

Problem is not bga i'm sure i hav 2 dv2000 some problem intel and amd my friend repair this problem but i lost his phone number is mb but i dont know where is

Comment

Then you have to analyze schematic and look for bad component (s).

Comment

the problem is an mcp for Voltage Regulator but i dont know it that need an oscilloscop to know it ican't find it with multimulter thaty the problem

Comment

Originally posted by unlockdev View Post
                              I Hav Problem with 2 Dv2000 Laptop same problem I Change the inverter and screen to but nothing always no light Problem in the motherboard
                              Any one can Help Please
                              Thanks
                              HELLO.
                              did you find any solution?
                              i have the same problem and i change inverter,monitor,cables,resolve the gpu but same problem. is working fine on external monitor only.
                              thanks

Comment

I'd be interested to see what you guys find out about this. I've been working on these since they came out and have fixed hundreds of problems with them but never had one do this. Especially an Intel. That makes no sense. Are you *sure* the LCD/inverter are fine? Try this - bypass the inverter all-together. They sell simple external LCD inverters that have an AC plug on one end and an LCD backlight connector on the other. I'll get you a link on Ebay if you like but I use this all the time to test backlight problems.

Comment

I Find solution and now my dv2000 working Fine
                                  Thanks for All

Comment

What was the solution??

Comment

the solution is to send 5vcc to inverter pins is 1-2gnd 3 is 5v that is on/off 4=3.3vcc 5-6=19vcc when u will check the inverter u will see 3.3v 3.3v 19vcc 19vc but you will need 5vcc to start inverter That all

Comment

here is no problem with Motherbord mosfets , only issue with Nvidia chipset . try to heat 150 digree heat for 1 minut . and wait 2 or 3 minut . try to On your laptop display will come . this Solution for maximum HP DV nvidia chipset serios

Comment

Working...
                                        X