• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello

Comment

mi nombre es yefri vivo en medellin colombia estoy empezando en el mundo de la reparacion de dispositovos macbook y me gustaria llenarme de muchos conocimientos hacerca de la reparaciones de problemas en la tarjeta y tambien con el paso del tiempo y la esperiencia que adquiera poder aportar al foro

Comment

I have a flare for electronics and would like to learn more about the subject.

Comment

Hey.
          My name is Igor.
          I'm from Russia. Engineer education.
          I am repairing electronics.
          I work in a service center.

Comment

Hey,
            Repair enthusiast from Australia. Fixed my 13 year old Samsung LCD TV with all thanks to the advice from these forums. Electronics is a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
              hello

Comment

hi everyone hope to be able to help some others here and get some info

Comment

New member here from Perth, Australia. Long time into electronics and other related items. Professional hobbyist - professional at home and hobbyist at work

Comment

Hi everyone and thank you for letting me join the forum.

"John Miller" in my nickname is from movie Saving Private Ryan, my real name is Dominic.
                    I'm a retired chef, married to a chef, engaged in various forms of humanitarian, social service activities. Two sons.

I have a light background in electronics and my hobby is fixing old computers for underprivileged kids... funny where life takes you, eh?

I would like to become more familiar with electronics now that i have retired. Some of the things people showcase on this forum are simply astounding.

I hope to learn much during my stay and to be able to give something back as well.

All the best
                    Dominic

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey everyone. Have some issues with my LG OLED TV, and after searching some threads I wanted other opinions on what its possible issue is.

Comment

Hello,

I'm working full time fixing computers and have been fixing them my whole life. This site is going to be very helpfull.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi

I am new, hoping to find a fix for my LG 55EG9100 OLED tv

Happy finding

Comment

Hi there,
                              I am here because I found solution for an issue in this forum.

thanks"

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                  My name is Alexis, I'm from El Salvador.
                                  Very newbie here in motherboard components repair...

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                    I am newbie and i am here because i am interesting in motherboard components repairs.

Thanks.

Comment

Long time lurker first time posting.

Comment

Hello everyone
                                        Im Gabriel
                                        always learning new things about electronics....
                                        now i started with reflashing and modding bios chips.

Comment

great forum site it help me a lot in my work as a laptop/computer tech

Comment

Working...
                                          X