Samsung LN-S4692D Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN-S4692D Success

Well, today I got a call from a local recycler and he told me he had a 42" Samsumg Plasma for sale for 50 bucks. So I told him I am not real big on the Plasmas, basicly to much work. but I will stop in and look at it, since I need to drop him off a Laptop I fixed anyway. Well to my surprise when I get there it was not a plasma, but a 46" Samsung HDTV. So I took it home, and started to diagnose it. I found that there was a known problem with the tcon boards in them. I could not find any repairs online for them so I started to check out the pinouts. I found a 5 volt line, that stopped at what looked like a minifuse. Funny thing is it was another one that was only marked with a P, not a F. I fixed it and the tv works great.

Had a great week, from this place. I also got a Dell Poweredge 2900, for 40 dollars. It worked great, and has (2) 3.0 ghz Dual Core Xeons, and 4 gigs memory.

Re: Samsung LN-S4692D Success

Originally posted by dobber View Post
    Funny thing is it was another one that was only marked with a P, not a F.
    P = Picofuse?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
      P = Picofuse?
      Thanks,

Retiredcaps you are the best, I would have never guessed that.

Today there was a 46 inch P4 Vizio Plasma, that turns on to fuz, but then turns black. I told them I am interested, but I had to do more research on it. I cant afford the cost of a powerboard. but if it is going to be caps I will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobber View Post
        Today there was a 46 inch P4 Vizio Plasma, that turns on to fuz, but then turns black.
        From reading here in the last year or so, plasmas are more about sus and buffers problems. They are hard to fix without specialized equipment. While some plasmas are a "simple" fuse and cap replacement, I guesstimate from the evidence here that it is only 15% of the cases. It is more board swapping than actual component level repair.

Good find on the Samsung 46inch for $50. I'm jealous!
        Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-29-2011, 06:03 PM.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X