VOIP, ATA REN and old analog phones ring voltage booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VOIP, ATA REN and old analog phones ring voltage booster

I see the Zetron generates its own (isolated) 48VDC, for phone-to-phone use (no PBX). Who then generates the ring voltage... I'll just crank my old Northern Electric ringer lol. It must always be off-hook for phone-phone use or something.
    I think in E-E Matrix jumper (pin 3) adds that 150 resistor to -48VDC to (pin 14) R1 , but +48VDC is not connected to anything? Not sure if the Matrix has other traces on the backside.

Anyhow, I wouldn't expect 48V power from the Zetron, the PBX should only be supplying this.
    Last edited by redwire; 12-18-2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Re: VOIP, ATA REN and old analog phones ring voltage booster

Originally posted by redwire View Post
      I see the Zetron generates its own (isolated) 48VDC, for phone-to-phone use (no PBX). Who then generates the ring voltage... I'll just crank my old Northern Electric ringer lol. It must always be off-hook for phone-phone use or something.
      I think in E-E Matrix jumper (pin 3) adds that 150 resistor to -48VDC to (pin 14) R1 , but +48VDC is not connected to anything? Not sure if the Matrix has other traces on the backside.

Anyhow, I wouldn't expect 48V power from the Zetron, the PBX should only be supplying this.
      Yes, I noticed that the -48 goes through that resistor, but nothing with the +48V. I am not really a phone guy. I figured an end to end line is just a regular stinking ole phone line where the phone number goes to that line. That's it. Not some special phone line numbering system requirement that large companies have.
      When the matrix is set to DID (basically the same thing than taking it out, as no connections are made) You'd think it should work perfect. That's not the case. I've got an old Wescom model 850-03 Ring Generator. In the DID setting the Zetron will put some a load on the ring geni during ring. You can hear it.

Comment

Working...
      X